• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oak Creek Chief John Edwards calls for means to trace gun ownership

protias

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...to-trace-gun-ownership-cn8i3fa-188745211.html

Hey Chief Edwards, how about tracing hammers, knives, baseball bats, other blunt objects, etc before you trace firearms? After all, FBI data shows that those cause more harm and death than firearms.

You have lots of tools to trace stolen firearms. Do some actual work for a change!

And of course, before I forget, how are you going to prevent a criminal from doing a background check for another criminal? To use the car analogy again, if I didn't know someone had a suspended license, and sold that person the car, would I be liable if he/she causes harm to another person? No! How about thinking for more than 2 seconds here please?! Oh, wait, that would interfere with your hatred for freedom.

anmut

He will be the first to send out his brown shirts to confiscate after "the registration of guns has failed to prevent mass murders."

davidmcbeth

Banned
Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards is questioning why car sellers must file paperwork when transferring ownership of vehicles but gun sellers and buyers do not.

'Cause he's an idiot if he does not know the difference between a car and a gun.

How about bubble-gum Johnny?

He needs a brain transfusion...he's low on electrolytes (what plants crave!)

Firearms Iinstuctor

There was absolutely no reason to waste tax dollars traceing the guns use in the Oakcreek shooting they knew who the shooter was.

Traceing crime guns when one knows who the BG is just just a reason by the antis to push for registration it has no pactical value.

Archtus

Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards is questioning why car sellers must file paperwork when transferring ownership of vehicles but gun sellers and buyers do not.

'Cause he's an idiot if he does not know the difference between a car and a gun.

How about bubble-gum Johnny?

He needs a brain transfusion...he's low on electrolytes (what plants crave!)

Nice reference, there.

Carryon

An issue in this country is law enforcement in a place with a tragedy get free airtime and given the chance to sway policy, regardless of what they know.