• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Channel 9 don't check thier facts on 65.870 "new law"

Liberty4Ever

This story (and I do mean STORY) about "Kentucky's new gun law" is getting dumber with every retelling as each new TV and newspaper rewrites it to be more salacious. Gutshot and I are old enough to remember when the news was actually journalism, where facts were at least somewhat important. Now, it seems that facts are inconveniences to be avoided when advancing an agenda and selling advertising.

I tried to post some facts under the WCPO story, but the page refreshed and my text was wiped clean. It's just as well, as I don't have a Facebook account so I couldn't sign in, and any facts posted over there would be pearls before swine.

I know not to underestimate incompetence, but can the media really be this clueless? Could this be the media spin to portray KRS 65.870 in a negative light, as some sort of secret law hurriedly passed by gun nuts while nobody was watching? Cue the shrill cry of "won't somebody puhleeeese do something, for the children!"

Shame on the proprietor of the local gun store and gun range for being so clueless. He should be more interested in gun rights and more informed... but that's apparently true of 95% or more of gun owners. I'm getting very frustrated with gun owners scrambling around lately like spooked sheep, stampeding into panic buying before they can't get guns and ammo anymore. If 10% of that time was spent calling their legislators and explaining the concept of unalienable rights to them, the 2013 gun ban legislation would be gone like a bad dream the next morning.