Thread: Why is FL AG Pam Bondi ANTI-OC?

Why is FL AG Pam Bondi ANTI-OC?

Why is she apparently anti-gun or anti-self-defense?

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi fights against gun rights
    Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi’s office filed documents attempting to have the Florida Supreme Court prohibit a Florida appellate court from hearing the case of Dale Norman, a concealed carry licensee who was convicted of violating Florida’s ban on the unconcealed carry of firearms.

The Florida Attorney General is now attempting to convince the Florida Supreme Court to prohibit a three-judge panel at the appellate court from exercising its jurisdiction to review the constitutionality of the “Open Carry” ban law and to review the judgment and sentencing imposed on Mr. Norman.

The applicable Florida rules of appellate procedure demand that “If the district court of appeal accepts the appeal, it will decide all issues that would have been subject to appeal…”.

We have not seen a Florida Attorney General take such drastic anti-Second Amendment positions since 1987 when Bob Butterworth fought against concealed carry licensing.
    Any idea why she's doing this?

Not anti-oc, just plain anti

FUQ:
    But AG Bondi’s office says:

The Florida concealed weapon or firearm license application requires an applicant to read and become knowledgeable of the provisions of Chapter 790, Florida Statutes and includes a copy of the statutes in that chapter in the application.

see also State v. Williams, 794 N.W.2d 867, 876 (Minn. 2011) (Page, J., concurring) (“[I]t is likely to come as a shock to all those people who have obtained a permit to carry, hold, or possess a pistol in a public place that by carrying, holding, or possessing the permitted pistol in a public place they subject themselves to arrest.” … ).

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/10/flor...#ixzz2JJrJsBpu
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

She is a typical neocon. Florida is infested with them. Lots of flag waving, lots of "my son is a marine" on the backs of trucks, etc. When it comes to actual freedom, we're not so hot for it.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    She is a typical neocon. Florida is infested with them. Lots of flag waving, lots of "my son is a marine" on the backs of trucks, etc. When it comes to actual freedom, we're not so hot for it.
    This.