Thread: Whats a good "safe" or lockbox for my firearm if left in my vehicle?

Whats a good "safe" or lockbox for my firearm if left in my vehicle?

I am curious as to what would be a good way to secure my firearm if I ever have to lock it up in my vehicle...I dont want to really drill holes or modify my car...Plus I dont really have room under my front seats and I have an SUV crossover so I dont have the "trunk" option...Any suggestions?

Banned
    Ask either:

Google or

Youtube or

Al Gore (he knows all about lock boxes - he invented them)

Re: Whats a good "safe" or lockbox for my firearm if left in my vehicle?

The smaller safes typically have a cable you can wrap around something like a metal piece on your seat. Don't get bull dog. I needed to get a spare key and it would have taken 4 months to ship a key from China. Cabelas has locking safes that are mounted in your center console for a very select number of vehicles.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

I bought two little steel gun safes from Academy, one for my vehicle and one for my wife's. They come with two keys (they do have combination ones) and a cable for securing to the vehicle, I use a bar that's part of the seat or the mounting bracket for the seat. I always put my handguns in the safe if I must leave them in the vehicle, and I try to hide the safe under a seat or in a console. I recommend that everyone use a safe that's secured to the vehicle even if its in a trunk, most cars have a trunk release button so crooks need only bust out a window push the button and their in your trunk, so a trunk is not secure. No safe is entirely fool proof but will slow them down if not simply just deter them from even trying.
    Stay safe and God bless.

Everyone will hate you because of me.
    But not a hair of your head will perish.
    Stand firm, and you will win life.
    (Luke 21:17-19 NIV)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.",
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms."Thomas Jefferson

I tend to keep mine on me but if you have to leave it consider something like this. It can be cut out but your car can be towed too.

http://www.fleetsafety.com/Mini-Tufl...e-Lock-Box-993

"Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Quote Originally Posted by gungirl79 View Post
    I am curious as to what would be a good way to secure my firearm if I ever have to lock it up in my vehicle...I dont want to really drill holes or modify my car...Plus I dont really have room under my front seats and I have an SUV crossover so I dont have the "trunk" option...Any suggestions?
    Check out Tuffy Security Products

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/t-product_gen_info.aspx

On the left hand side you can input your vehicle info and see if they make a product for it. I had several of their products in a Jeep I once owned. Was very pleased with their stuff.

Re: Whats a good "safe" or lockbox for my firearm if left in my vehicle?

If you don't mind spending the cash ConsoleVault is awesome. They're custom made for your vehicle's console. I have one and they are great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2