• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats a good "safe" or lockbox for my firearm if left in my vehicle?

gungirl79

I am curious as to what would be a good way to secure my firearm if I ever have to lock it up in my vehicle...I dont want to really drill holes or modify my car...Plus I dont really have room under my front seats and I have an SUV crossover so I dont have the "trunk" option...Any suggestions? :confused:

skeith5

The smaller safes typically have a cable you can wrap around something like a metal piece on your seat. Don't get bull dog. I needed to get a spare key and it would have taken 4 months to ship a key from China. Cabelas has locking safes that are mounted in your center console for a very select number of vehicles.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Robert318

I bought two little steel gun safes from Academy, one for my vehicle and one for my wife's. They come with two keys (they do have combination ones) and a cable for securing to the vehicle, I use a bar that's part of the seat or the mounting bracket for the seat. I always put my handguns in the safe if I must leave them in the vehicle, and I try to hide the safe under a seat or in a console. I recommend that everyone use a safe that's secured to the vehicle even if its in a trunk, most cars have a trunk release button so crooks need only bust out a window push the button and their in your trunk, so a trunk is not secure. No safe is entirely fool proof but will slow them down if not simply just deter them from even trying.

sharkey

I tend to keep mine on me but if you have to leave it consider something like this. It can be cut out but your car can be towed too. :p

http://www.fleetsafety.com/Mini-Tufloc-Storage-Lock-Box-993

tuflocminifull.jpg

Keylock

I am curious as to what would be a good way to secure my firearm if I ever have to lock it up in my vehicle...I dont want to really drill holes or modify my car...Plus I dont really have room under my front seats and I have an SUV crossover so I dont have the "trunk" option...Any suggestions? :confused:

Check out Tuffy Security Products

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/t-product_gen_info.aspx

On the left hand side you can input your vehicle info and see if they make a product for it. I had several of their products in a Jeep I once owned. Was very pleased with their stuff.

loggainsd

If you don't mind spending the cash ConsoleVault is awesome. They're custom made for your vehicle's console. I have one and they are great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2