• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT: action needed Re: HB28

utbagpiper

Banned
HB 28, "Campus Safety Amendments" has somehow passed the House 2d reading calendar today and is on its way to third reading, seemingly without a committee hearing. I don't even know how that is possible.

I believe the bill would allow the UoU and other colleges to effectively ban all otherwise legal OC from campus.

Please, contact your State Rep, and House leadership immediately.

You can leave messages for these folks by calling the capital switchboard during business hours at Phone: (801) 538-1029, or sending a Fax to: (801) 326-1544.

Contact info for House members (cell and home phones generally) can be found at http://le.utah.gov/house2/representatives.jsp.

Be brief, courteous, but to the point.

I suggest:

Your name
Your contact

Re: Please oppose HB 28, "Campus Safety Amendments"

Dear Rep. xxxx

I am writing to ask you to oppose HB 28, "Campus Safety Amendments". This bill seems to have the effect of allowing colleges to effectively outlaw the currently legal practice,pursuant to a permit, of peacefully carrying a gun that is not hidden from view. There is no reason gun owners should be forced into the closet or be legally required to hide the fact they are armed. This bill has not had a committee hearing and so no public input has been received on this bill. Please assure it receives a committee hearing where the public can comment, and please oppose HB 28.

Please let me know how you intend to vote on HB 28.

Thank you.

Your name.

Charles Hardy
GOUtah!

Adam A Farley

Just the start, I was starting to think Utah was serious about protecting our rights.

But in one day I see a slew of leaders sign off on Obama's bans and exsective actions.

From pro second amendment to we are kinda some what pro.

Man this country is in the gutter right now.