• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I get ammo?

Acdrenik

So after going to Walmart, Meijer, Bass Pro, and many gun shops in the area I give up!! I can not find ammo for my gun anywhere. I even looked online @ cheaperthandirt.com and came up with nothing. Someone please let me know where you have luck finding ammo. I am in need of 9mm luger and .22 LR Thank you fellow OCers!

griffin

mikestilly

AFter griffin totally wasted your time with that reply ill try and help you. I frequent large suppliers of ammo on the web which I've been doing for years. I just recently bought 223 but it sold out quickly after. I suggest you do what I do. Daily, like every morning go to cabelas.com, Natchezss.com, sportsmanguide.com. You need to bE consistent or you won't get it. I've also have visited several local Walmarts and gave the guys who were the desk often and gave them my name and number and what I was looking for and told them I would make it worth their while to let me know when their shipments come in. Walmart has not gouged their shoppers as I've been able to to get 223, 7.62x39, and 40 S&W all at between 0.35-0.45/rd on average.

I suggest not being suckered by gougers. You don't need to pay$1+/rd nor be raped by so called 2A supporters who are charging $80+/per 30 rd mag they bought for $10. You can still buy 30 rd mags for normal cost. You just need to check websites often. I wouldn't bother going to stores unless you can call first and have them hold it for you.

I posted this because I care about people needing to keep up on firearm supplies and I'm not looking to keep things to myself like most people have. I've seen some sick things lately of gouging and hype. If your persistent you will find what you're looking for.

Last edited:

scot623

I still dont understand. I've never had 1,000 rounds of ammo. I keep a box of hollow points for both guns for defense, but I'm just looking for range ammo. I was just looking for some help finding ammo.

If you want help finding ammo, how about you go to a forum that is based on that goal...this is an OPEN CARRY forum in case you didn't notice. You may be better served over at MGO. We don't like having the front page of OCDO ruined with threads asking about ammo, new barrels for guns or other off topic non-sense. This thread has been reported, and will hopefully be deleted soon.

alphamale

Okay Griffin was trying to make a point, and I agree. Always have more ammo than you intend to use in a years period of time. It is good practice since one day we might wake up and find all ammo banned or so curtailed, that it is near impossible to get.

Try calling the Walmart, Kmart, and other stores that have ammo, out of your area, example if you live in the Detroit area, then call out to lapeer, Port Huron and the small towns between these mentioned places and your residence. That's how I was able to buy up more, even though I didn't need it that bad. I was able to pick up a few hundred more rounds of stuff I felt I needed. Many small gun shops in small communities may be overlooked by the mad buying frenzy, and I have witnessed this since the recent anti gun stupidity.

Mike Stilly also made some very valid points.

Ammo is like food, never have barely enough, always have a pantry system for food water and ammo, our Grand parents did, and it is good thinking to do so.

The days of plenty are gone forever, and one should keep a depression era mindset these days. Stock up, store and have excess in case things stop. This includes, food, water medicines, and ammo to name a few things, and I am not talking prepper mentality, I am strictly talking about being prudent.

If we have some kind of 911 disaster again coupled with this gun control hype we will see shortages on many things we are accustomed to having plenty of, and it will last for months and possible a few years.

We as Americans fail to learn the lessons of history, and it never fails to persists as one of our downfalls in the last 50 years. Throughout human history we have seen famines, shortages on many things, and even metals in the world wars. Just in out last generation we have seen many of these shortages in this country, oil/Gasoline, food, ammo, and many items we take for granted.

Also some "small" town hardware stores have supplies of ammo, that may surprise you.

I still dont understand. I've never had 1,000 rounds of ammo. I keep a box of hollow points for both guns for defense, but I'm just looking for range ammo. I was just looking for some help finding ammo.

Last edited:

alphamale

I have called a few very small hardware stores and Kmarts, and found ammo. Just bought a few hundred rounds of .357 125 gr. JHP (Remington) at the local Walmart at standard prices, not gouge prices. I have several S&W .357's so I have a lot of hungry mouths to feed lol.

Check those tiny gun shops too in the middle of no where.

For your post I give a +10 good advice. Persistence pays!

AFter griffin totally wasted your time with that reply ill try and help you. I frequent large suppliers of ammo on the web which I've been doing for years. I just recently bought 223 but it sold out quickly after. I suggest you do what I do. Daily, like every morning go to cabelas.com, Natchezss.com, sportsmanguide.com. You need to bE consistent or you won't get it. I've also have visited several local Walmarts and gave the guys who were the desk often and gave them my name and number and what I was looking for and told them I would make it worth their while to let me know when their shipments come in. Walmart has not gouged their shoppers as I've been able to to get 223, 7.62x39, and 40 S&W all at between 0.35-0.45/rd on average.

I suggest not being suckered by gougers. You don't need to pay$1+/rd nor be raped by so called 2A supporters who are charging $80+/per 30 rd mag they bought for $10. You can still buy 30 rd mags for normal cost. You just need to check websites often. I wouldn't bother going to stores unless you can call first and have them hold it for you.

I posted this because I care about people needing to keep up on firearm supplies and I'm not looking to keep things to myself like most people have. I've seen some sick things lately of gouging and hype. If your persistent you will find what you're looking for.

TheQ

Mike probably not, THAT would actually have helped the op.

I think griffins reply was asinine and uncalled for. not everyone has discretionary funds to buy 1000+ rounds of ammo.

Well, since you're not buying now, you're no doubt saving so you can buy 1,000 when the drought ends, right?

MikeTheGreek

Mike probably not, THAT would actually have helped the op.

I think griffins reply was asinine and uncalled for. not everyone has discretionary funds to buy 1000+ rounds of ammo.

I'd definitely be interested in buying more than 1000 rounds so hopefully he'll share his secret!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

zekester

I just look at websites everyday....one day out of stock, next day in stock...Just bought 500 rounds from Cabela...45acp....

And there is ammoseek.com

Last edited:

griffin

Any chance you want to share who your ammo supplier is? :p

The 7.62 NATO was from Ohio Ordnance Works. They are all out already, that's why I didn't mention it. I am on their mailing list for deals, and when it came out I bought same day.

budlight

If you want help finding ammo, how about you go to a forum that is based on that goal...this is an OPEN CARRY forum in case you didn't notice. You may be better served over at MGO. We don't like having the front page of OCDO ruined with threads asking about ammo, new barrels for guns or other off topic non-sense. This thread has been reported, and will hopefully be deleted soon.

WOW....a person asked about ammo and we are sending him some where else. That is not in violation of form rules. But yet Stainless1911 can still post......this form is becoming a joke.

budlight

One last question. When a person posted that the City of Detroit is a dangerous place without reference to race, why can someone call it a racist post? Why was no one calling for the form to be closed or the comment deleted? Yet an ammo thread is a big deal. I say calling/inferring someone racist without merit is a higher priority!

MikeTheGreek

WOW....a person asked about ammo and we are sending him some where else. That is not in violation of form rules. But yet Stainless1911 can still post......this form is becoming a joke.

^ +1 .

Pretty sure multiple people on here are all wondering where to get ammo right now. Any topic that is HELPFUL to multiple members, shouldn't be reported and deleted. That's just stupid.

I found all of this helpful. We have enough issues on this forum these days, we don't need to directing people to other sites.

pfries

I am in need of 9mm luger and .22 LR Thank you fellow OCers!

Drive down we can reload the 9mm for ya and I can throw in a 555 box or two of .22, just cover supplies (which I have) it runs me .095 per round of 9mm for 115 and 124 grain paper punchers.