Thread: OC Wenatchee question

OC Wenatchee question

I havnt OC'ed here in town since i got my CPL does anyone know the general feel of it here in wenatchee as far as people and LE are?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brad98801 View Post
    I havnt OC'ed here in town since i got my CPL does anyone know the general feel of it here in wenatchee as far as people and LE are?
    When I worked there a few years ago I had no problem with it. Even got into a discussion about personal weapons with a deputy or might have been the sheriff at a starbucks one morning in East Wenatchee.'
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...06457-Camp-out

This will help you. Come on out for the party. You will see a few regular participants who will be much more informed than me. Come to the campout tho.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Washi...66874943419858

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Generally nobody seems to notice when I am carrying. I did have a confrontation with a night-shift supervisor at the East Wenatchee Safeway a few months back, but I got that straightened out with corporate and the store manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...06457-Camp-out

This will help you. Come on out for the party. You will see a few regular participants who will be much more informed than me. Come to the campout tho.

We have had 2 camp outs in Wenatchee the past two years. We get to town a little bit and have had no issues, including standing in line at Starbucks with a couple of County Sheriffs looking right at us....

Be confident, be polite, be courteous, be kind, be professional and you will be fine.
    Live Free or Die!

What's the general feel of driving the speed limit through town?

I've OC'ed around the house and in the car but i've got my self in the habbit of covering up before i go into stores and such i dont know why though with the holster i use its still painstakingly obvious that im carrying lol

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I've OC'ed around the house and in the car but i've got my self in the habbit of covering up before i go into stores and such i dont know why though with the holster i use its still painstakingly obvious that im carrying lol
    I'd suggest OC'ing to places well known to be OC friendly this might help with the hesitation to OC and make you more comfortable for more expanded OC.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I'd suggest OC'ing to places well known to be OC friendly this might help with the hesitation to OC and make you more comfortable for more expanded OC.
    +1

Start with getting gas.

Then the place you get coffee everyday.

Then where you grocery shop each week.

and so on....
    Live Free or Die!

I have had no problem with any place in Chelan co...except of course, Wenatchee Valley Medical Center. I complained to my wife's neurologist about it too. He was sympathetic, but he is not the management. Other than WVMC I have never had a problem when we go down that way. (we live in Okanogan Co..Actually, when we visit the local WVMC clinic in Tonasket I carry, so does my Wife's doctor.

The first time I ever had an encounter with LE was in Chelan Co. Manson, shopping for camp supplies about 25 or 30 years ago. Deputy walks up and asks "hunting"? I answer "Yep"? Total conversation. Deputy wandered off muttering (to himself) "nothing illegal here, now to find that caller"

Wenatchee is Great

I have OC here since 1989 and have never had any problems. If you go into Cosco cover it but other than that never never had an issue.
    I am in Prospector Pies every Sat around noon if you want to see another OCer. I am also known as The Gun Man, (Name of my Business).
    Just remember if you OC do it like you been doing it forever. Dont look like a newbee and people wont notice. Good Luck and mabee I will
    see ya sometime.

WVMC has been educated and wont say anything about OC any more. I have been in there a number of times and nothing was said.
    Last edited by TheGunMan; 01-30-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Oc'ed into Albertsons to do some shoppin Very good experiance few looks and female cashier asked what model and caliber of glock i carry

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    WVMC has been educated and wont say anything about OC any more

Do you have any more details on this? I was under the impression that since they were a privately owned / for profit that we were outta luck on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    I have OC here since 1989 and have never had any problems. If you go into Cosco cover it but other than that never never had an issue.
    I am in Prospector Pies every Sat around noon if you want to see another OCer. I am also known as The Gun Man, (Name of my Business).
    Just remember if you OC do it like you been doing it forever. Dont look like a newbee and people wont notice. Good Luck and mabee I will
    see ya sometime.

WVMC has been educated and wont say anything about OC any more. I have been in there a number of times and nothing was said.
    Yea, but the problem with WVMC is their sign is still up. Went there with the wife to see the neurologist, he asked me to bring every med she is taking (some are quite restricted, and valuable on the street) Walk up to their door, and there is that gunbuster sign...what do you want me to do...walk across a huge parking lot with a bag full of restricted meds, and not being able to protect myself???? I was a good boy and put my carry in the trunk, and then complained.

Funny part is, up here, the WVMC clinic in Tonasket is not posted, and have no problem with me and my carry.