• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Wenatchee question

sudden valley gunner

I havnt OC'ed here in town since i got my CPL does anyone know the general feel of it here in wenatchee as far as people and LE are?

When I worked there a few years ago I had no problem with it. Even got into a discussion about personal weapons with a deputy or might have been the sheriff at a starbucks one morning in East Wenatchee.'

FrayedString

Generally nobody seems to notice when I am carrying. I did have a confrontation with a night-shift supervisor at the East Wenatchee Safeway a few months back, but I got that straightened out with corporate and the store manager.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?106457-Camp-out

This will help you. Come on out for the party. You will see a few regular participants who will be much more informed than me. Come to the campout tho.

We have had 2 camp outs in Wenatchee the past two years. We get to town a little bit and have had no issues, including standing in line at Starbucks with a couple of County Sheriffs looking right at us....

Be confident, be polite, be courteous, be kind, be professional and you will be fine.

brad98801

I've OC'ed around the house and in the car but i've got my self in the habbit of covering up before i go into stores and such i dont know why though with the holster i use its still painstakingly obvious that im carrying lol

sudden valley gunner

I've OC'ed around the house and in the car but i've got my self in the habbit of covering up before i go into stores and such i dont know why though with the holster i use its still painstakingly obvious that im carrying lol

I'd suggest OC'ing to places well known to be OC friendly this might help with the hesitation to OC and make you more comfortable for more expanded OC.

hermannr

I have had no problem with any place in Chelan co...except of course, Wenatchee Valley Medical Center. I complained to my wife's neurologist about it too. He was sympathetic, but he is not the management. Other than WVMC I have never had a problem when we go down that way. (we live in Okanogan Co..Actually, when we visit the local WVMC clinic in Tonasket I carry, so does my Wife's doctor.

The first time I ever had an encounter with LE was in Chelan Co. Manson, shopping for camp supplies about 25 or 30 years ago. Deputy walks up and asks "hunting"? I answer "Yep"? Total conversation. Deputy wandered off muttering (to himself) "nothing illegal here, now to find that caller"

TheGunMan

Wenatchee is Great

I have OC here since 1989 and have never had any problems. If you go into Cosco cover it but other than that never never had an issue.
I am in Prospector Pies every Sat around noon if you want to see another OCer. I am also known as The Gun Man, (Name of my Business).
Just remember if you OC do it like you been doing it forever. Dont look like a newbee and people wont notice. Good Luck and mabee I will
see ya sometime.

WVMC has been educated and wont say anything about OC any more. I have been in there a number of times and nothing was said.

Last edited:

hermannr

I have OC here since 1989 and have never had any problems. If you go into Cosco cover it but other than that never never had an issue.
I am in Prospector Pies every Sat around noon if you want to see another OCer. I am also known as The Gun Man, (Name of my Business).
Just remember if you OC do it like you been doing it forever. Dont look like a newbee and people wont notice. Good Luck and mabee I will
see ya sometime.

WVMC has been educated and wont say anything about OC any more. I have been in there a number of times and nothing was said.

Yea, but the problem with WVMC is their sign is still up. Went there with the wife to see the neurologist, he asked me to bring every med she is taking (some are quite restricted, and valuable on the street) Walk up to their door, and there is that gunbuster sign...what do you want me to do...walk across a huge parking lot with a bag full of restricted meds, and not being able to protect myself???? I was a good boy and put my carry in the trunk, and then complained.

Funny part is, up here, the WVMC clinic in Tonasket is not posted, and have no problem with me and my carry.