Thread: VCDL Meeting - Mason District Station - Annandale 2/28/13 - 8PM

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

VCDL Meeting - Mason District Station - Annandale 2/28/13 - 8PM

Emily Miller, the reporter who has been doing a series of articles on the failed gun-control agenda of Washington D.C. for the Washington Times, will be speaking at our February 28 meeting at the Mason Government Center. The meeting will start at 8 PM and will be open to the public.

Philip heard Emily speak at the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Florida last year and he thinks you are going to enjoy this!

FACEBOOK EVENT LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/366366523461922
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Am visiting from Tidewater and will attend tonight...any recommendations on places to eat/avoid vic the Mason Gubmint Area?

Quote Originally Posted by apollosmom View Post
    Am visiting from Tidewater and will attend tonight...any recommendations on places to eat/avoid vic the Mason Gubmint Area?
    Many eat at the Juke Box diner after (some before too) the meeting. Also.. some go to the starbucks and and hang out before the meeting as well.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I am going to head that way in about a half hour. Is anyone interested in chit chatting at Starbucks before the meeting? If so, I'll PM you my cell number.
    Last edited by minarchist; 02-28-2013 at 05:04 PM.

VCDL Meeting - Mason District Station - Annandale 2/28/13 - 8PM

Bravo Zulu to VCDL and everyone that attended! Great turnout and Emily presented a very informative speech!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Really sorry I had to miss this one
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Re: VCDL Meeting - Mason District Station - Annandale 2/28/13 - 8PM

I will have video up tonight I hope.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Ok.. I uploaded the meeting video.. if it fails, I will try again tomorrow.. sometimes long videos fail to process.. If it completes.. it will be available at http://tiny.cc/VCDL-Emily_Miller

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Emily is a bright, articulate asset to our cause. Speaking to a packed house too.

Thanks for videoing this Ed - no doubt but that it will be archived
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    I am going to head that way in about a half hour. Is anyone interested in chit chatting at Starbucks before the meeting? If so, I'll PM you my cell number.
    There were five or six of us there before the meeting. Sorry we didn't see you.

Seldom does anyone respond any more to "will you be there" -- there have been months when I was the only one there, probably times when there was only one person there, and times when we have over a dozen. It's rather hit and miss lately.

Re: VCDL Meeting - Mason District Station - Annandale 2/28/13 - 8PM

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Emily is a bright, articulate asset to our cause. Speaking to a packed house too.

She does seem to be all over as of late. I had no idea she was that active until the meeting

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    There were five or six of us there before the meeting. Sorry we didn't see you.

Seldom does anyone respond any more to "will you be there" -- there have been months when I was the only one there, probably times when there was only one person there, and times when we have over a dozen. It's rather hit and miss lately.
    Free beer. You just have to offer free beer like the entrepenuer with the singing frog in the Warner Brothers' cartoon, One Froggy Evening.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude6030 View Post
    She does seem to be all over as of late. I had no idea she was that active until the meeting
    She spoke at a recent gun rights conference and from what I heard, she brought the house down.

Her story and her articles have gone nationwide. She makes an excellant poster girl for the bright, urban, big city dweller. Really glad to have her on board.