• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's start a Fredericksburg OC get-together!

B0wman

Any other Fredericksburg OCers interested in getting together for a meal (breakfast, dinner, whatever works)?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Depending on scheduling, I'd drive to Fredericksburg for a get-together.

We've had a couple at Clearwater Grill, on Rte 3 near Lake of the Woods, but nothing recently.

Bob1

What are some OC-friendly restaurants you all like?

I haven't been back in years so you'd need to confirm they are still in business but we used to meet at Chiang's Bistro on Plantation Drive.

Chinese and Thai food. Won some restaurant awards for food quality.

MNMGoneShooting

I would join in. I haven't tried to OC at too many eateries here locally. We should check to Logan's steakhouse by the mall.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
How about the Pancho Villa in the Central Park Shopping Center? If I don't have to be in court that day, I'd almost certainly show up. I don't like Longhorn anymore - last time we had one of these in Richmond at the Longhorn, I ordered and was charged for NY Strip and got "flatiron" - and my complaint was ignored with sort of a "oh, well".

Last edited:

TFred

How about the Pancho Villa in the Central Park Shopping Center? If I don't have to be in court that day, I'd almost certainly show up. I don't like Longhorn anymore - last time we had one of these in Richmond at the Longhorn, I ordered and was charged for NY Strip and got "flatiron" - and my complaint was ignored with sort of a "oh, well".
Pancho Villa is always a good idea!

TFred

MNMGoneShooting

I edited my post. I meant Logan's.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Does anyone think that it would be worthwhile to start a Fredericksburg open carry group on www.meetup.com ?

Why do you want to take the matter out of OCDO?

For some, the use of social media may be all whiz-bang and even easier to deal with, but unless you know something I do not it takes away a sense of community within OCDO. Go outside OCDO and there will be little chance that others not in your social media circle will know of you or have the opportunity to join any of your activities.

There is a reason folks do not elect to use all the bells and whistles out there.

stay safe.