Thread: What more can I do??

What more can I do??

I know that maximum participation is necessary to make our voices heard during a time like this. But my question is, what more can I do?? I'm a man who works 2 full time jobs, going through an ugly custody battle for my daughter so time isn't a luxury that I have. I have emailed my State rep (who happens to be Stephen Dragan) but I just simply don't have time to go to hearings, I REALLY wish I did. I just don't want to end up feeling like I could have or should have done more.

What more can I do??

Are you communicating with the legislators?

Are you communicating with those around you as to what is going on?

Are you submitting written testimony every chance you get?
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Are you communicating with the legislators?

Are you communicating with those around you as to what is going on?

Are you submitting written testimony every chance you get?
    That's what I need help with Rich. I would need to know the process on how to submit written testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by cteaglesfan View Post
    That's what I need help with Rich. I would need to know the process on how to submit written testimony.
    It can differ from hearing to hearing or bill to bill, but we usually try to let people know ahead of time and how to go through the processes:

http://ctcarry.com/Announcement/Deta...6-d863f57566a3

In this case, we were able to write it and email it to the link on their website. Sometimes it has to be sent in with someone to the LOB.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

It can differ from hearing to hearing or bill to bill, but we usually try to let people know ahead of time and how to go through the processes:

http://ctcarry.com/Announcement/Deta...6-d863f57566a3

In this case, we were able to write it and email it to the link on their website. Sometimes it has to be sent in with someone to the LOB.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks rich!

The testimonies are GOOD!!! A lot of passion on both sides.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks rich!

The testimonies are GOOD!!! A lot of passion on both sides.
    These announcements go out in email when they are released. Make sure you sign up on our site to receive them and make sure they aren't going into your spam folder or some other automatic filter. Then you should have good, up to date information.

http://ctcarry.com/Account/Register

These announcements go out in email when they are released. Make sure you sign up on our site to receive them and make sure they aren't going into your spam folder or some other automatic filter. Then you should have good, up to date information.

http://ctcarry.com/Account/Register
    After reading some of the testimonies I was shocked at the ignorance of some of the people who oppose. I think some of them actually believe that you can go into any gun store, buy any rifle or gun (without a permit), load it up and pull the trigger once and 30 rounds will fly out of the barrell.

Banned
    I have had great success in just letting my state rep or senator take an emailed copy and have do the voodoo that they do. They'll make copies etc. and get to the committee on most occasions.

With the current task force, they have an email address that they'll (hopefully ) do this as well.

I think I provided a link to the judiciary and public safety website page that lists all the bills going through the committee. On the CT forum here.

You can reference that and when a specific bill comes up, due for a public hearing, shoot your state rep an email.

You can send the same testimony to the committee whenever a bill comes up you wish to testify about as well...if you think it addresses your issues with a bill.

There are many bills this year .. so I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I have had great success in just letting my state rep or senator take an emailed copy and have do the voodoo that they do. They'll make copies etc. and get to the committee on most occasions.

With the current task force, they have an email address that they'll (hopefully ) do this as well.

I think I provided a link to the judiciary and public safety website page that lists all the bills going through the committee. On the CT forum here.

You can reference that and when a specific bill comes up, due for a public hearing, shoot your state rep an email.

You can send the same testimony to the committee whenever a bill comes up you wish to testify about as well...if you think it addresses your issues with a bill.

There are many bills this year .. so I feel your pain.

I didn't know that a State Rep would do that. I also figured if that Rep was opposed (personally), your letter might not make it to that hearing.

Banned
    I didn't know that a State Rep would do that. I also figured if that Rep was opposed (personally), your letter might not make it to that hearing.
    Nah , I work well with my state reps although they are democrats and I'm opposed to almost everything they support....most are have a decent degree of professionalism...

But we find common ground, like on SB 637 .... red light camera bill (yes, its back!)
    Now they have issues over "privacy" that I don't ... I object on other grounds ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Nah , I work well with my state reps although they are democrats and I'm opposed to almost everything they support....most are have a decent degree of professionalism...

But we find common ground, like on SB 637 .... red light camera bill (yes, its back!)
    Now they have issues over "privacy" that I don't ... I object on other grounds ...
    It's good to know that they ethically do the right thing.