Thread: SB 1335. Man, Marsh is HARSH!

SB 1335. Man, Marsh is HARSH!

SB 1335, a late entry by Senator Obenshain of Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah valley to the north, permits those under a protective court order to request the clerk of the court to not release their Concealed Handgun Permit information.

This is a no-brainer, not only for those under a protective order, but for EVERY citizen who may not want the criminals of the world to have a red carpet to their home where there are going to be firearms to be stolen.

The bill passed the Senate's Courts of Justice committee, and finally today, passed the full senate on a 39-1 vote.

Apparently Senator Marsh thinks it's just fine to allow criminals, ex-spouses, ex-boyfriends, or anyone else that has threatened you enough to be the subject of a court order, to have full access to your address and other identifying information found in your CHP record.

What a guy.

TFred

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    SB 1335 Concealed handgun permits; persons protected by certain protective orders, nondisclosure.
    floor: 01/29/13 Senate: Read third time and passed Senate (39-Y 1-N)

YEAS--Alexander, Barker, Black, Blevins, Carrico, Colgan, Deeds, Ebbin, Edwards, Favola, Garrett, Hanger, Herring, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Martin, McDougle, McEachin, McWaters, Miller, Newman, Norment, Northam, Obenshain, Petersen, Puckett, Puller, Reeves, Ruff, Saslaw, Smith, Stanley, Stosch, Stuart, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins--39.

NAYS--Marsh--1.

Does this make Marsh more negative to the safety of the people than Saslaw? Inquiring minds want to know
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    SB 1335 Concealed handgun permits; persons protected by certain protective orders, nondisclosure.
    floor: 01/29/13 Senate: Read third time and passed Senate (39-Y 1-N)

YEAS--Alexander, Barker, Black, Blevins, Carrico, Colgan, Deeds, Ebbin, Edwards, Favola, Garrett, Hanger, Herring, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Martin, McDougle, McEachin, McWaters, Miller, Newman, Norment, Northam, Obenshain, Petersen, Puckett, Puller, Reeves, Ruff, Saslaw, Smith, Stanley, Stosch, Stuart, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins--39.

NAYS--Marsh--1.

Does this make Marsh more negative to the safety of the people than Saslaw? Inquiring minds want to know
    It just means he woke up and thought they were voting on lunch

Sounds like he supports what is proposed on a federal level.

Diane Feinstein's bill wants gun owners to go to their police station, get photographed and fingerprinted and be put into a database. Isn't that what is done to criminals?

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.

I am sure Hitler would be proud of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Sounds like he supports what is proposed on a federal level.

Diane Feinstein's bill wants gun owners to go to their police station, get photographed and fingerprinted and be put into a database. Isn't that what is done to criminals?

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.

I am sure Hitler would be proud of them.
    I thought I was the only one to complain about law abiding citizens needing to be fingerprinted !

Yeah, I rushing right down there, right about ... now. Not! lol

Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

makes me want to throw up my lunch.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, w will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

It appears he already has a mouthful of lunch from the looks of it. Just sleeping it off.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

I want $1

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I thought I was the only one to complain about law abiding citizens needing to be fingerprinted !

Yeah, I rushing right down there, right about ... now. Not! lol
    For every set of print cards that are on file for me. Between my military clearances (27 and each required a set of cards back then) for working at the White House, my LEO print cards and my DCJS cards I could have a good time in Vegas.

I would never stand a chance as a criminal. They could ID me so fast I wouldn't have a chance to escape.

Fortunately/purposely, none of the guns I own were bought from dealers so there is no record of me owning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Fortunately/purposely, none of the guns I own were bought from dealers so there is no record of me owning anything.
    Except for your public statement(s) that you own something.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

True, but

Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    Except for your public statement(s) that you own something.
    there are no government registration or forms filled out for gun purchase background checks. I am not under oath and nothing stated here is worth worrying about.

;>)