• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 1335. Man, Marsh is HARSH!

TFred

SB 1335, a late entry by Senator Obenshain of Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah valley to the north, permits those under a protective court order to request the clerk of the court to not release their Concealed Handgun Permit information.

This is a no-brainer, not only for those under a protective order, but for EVERY citizen who may not want the criminals of the world to have a red carpet to their home where there are going to be firearms to be stolen.

The bill passed the Senate's Courts of Justice committee, and finally today, passed the full senate on a 39-1 vote.

Apparently Senator Marsh thinks it's just fine to allow criminals, ex-spouses, ex-boyfriends, or anyone else that has threatened you enough to be the subject of a court order, to have full access to your address and other identifying information found in your CHP record.

What a guy.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
SB 1335 Concealed handgun permits; persons protected by certain protective orders, nondisclosure.
floor: 01/29/13 Senate: Read third time and passed Senate (39-Y 1-N)

YEAS--Alexander, Barker, Black, Blevins, Carrico, Colgan, Deeds, Ebbin, Edwards, Favola, Garrett, Hanger, Herring, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Martin, McDougle, McEachin, McWaters, Miller, Newman, Norment, Northam, Obenshain, Petersen, Puckett, Puller, Reeves, Ruff, Saslaw, Smith, Stanley, Stosch, Stuart, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins--39.

NAYS--Marsh--1.

Does this make Marsh more negative to the safety of the people than Saslaw? Inquiring minds want to know :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
SB 1335 Concealed handgun permits; persons protected by certain protective orders, nondisclosure.
floor: 01/29/13 Senate: Read third time and passed Senate (39-Y 1-N)

YEAS--Alexander, Barker, Black, Blevins, Carrico, Colgan, Deeds, Ebbin, Edwards, Favola, Garrett, Hanger, Herring, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Martin, McDougle, McEachin, McWaters, Miller, Newman, Norment, Northam, Obenshain, Petersen, Puckett, Puller, Reeves, Ruff, Saslaw, Smith, Stanley, Stosch, Stuart, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins--39.

NAYS--Marsh--1.

Does this make Marsh more negative to the safety of the people than Saslaw? Inquiring minds want to know :)

It just means he woke up and thought they were voting on lunch:banana:

sleeping-marsh.jpg

va_tazdad

Sounds like he supports what is proposed on a federal level.

Diane Feinstein's bill wants gun owners to go to their police station, get photographed and fingerprinted and be put into a database. Isn't that what is done to criminals?

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

I am sure Hitler would be proud of them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sounds like he supports what is proposed on a federal level.

Diane Feinstein's bill wants gun owners to go to their police station, get photographed and fingerprinted and be put into a database. Isn't that what is done to criminals?

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

I am sure Hitler would be proud of them.

I thought I was the only one to complain about law abiding citizens needing to be fingerprinted !

Yeah, I rushing right down there, right about ... now. Not! lol

va_tazdad

I want $1

I thought I was the only one to complain about law abiding citizens needing to be fingerprinted !

Yeah, I rushing right down there, right about ... now. Not! lol

For every set of print cards that are on file for me. Between my military clearances (27 and each required a set of cards back then) for working at the White House, my LEO print cards and my DCJS cards I could have a good time in Vegas.

I would never stand a chance as a criminal. They could ID me so fast I wouldn't have a chance to escape.

Fortunately/purposely, none of the guns I own were bought from dealers so there is no record of me owning anything.