• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hillsboro cop shoots 10 other cops

Mattimusmaximus

So this morning I watched the news.. A Hillsboro officer was at home had a domestic violence situation where he shot at police officers and police returned fire..,

Police are people to they make mistakes and now more than ever I'm carrying my gun cause now people who are serving an protecting are losing their damn minds! Just another reason to protect yourselves!!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So this morning I watched the news.. A Hillsboro officer was at home had a domestic violence situation where he shot at police officers and police returned fire..,

Police are people to they make mistakes and now more than ever I'm carrying my gun cause now people who are serving an protecting are losing their damn minds! Just another reason to protect yourselves!!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Of all the reasons to carry a self defense firearm I find this to be one of the most irrational. The chances of you becoming involved with a LEO who is barricaded as part of a domestic violence incident would appear to be even less than your chances of winning the next lottery drawing. Even the chances of you becoming involved in any sort of interaction with any LEO appear to be about the same as winning the next lottery drawing.

This is not to suggest that just because the odds are low you should not carry, because there are many other possible scenarios where you would need to defend yourself that you might encounter that, when aggregated, are about as likely as being struck by lightening. With odds like that it is prudent to have the means of stopping any threat, as oppposed to wishing and hoping.

stay safe.

Mattimusmaximus

Of all the reasons to carry a self defense firearm I find this to be one of the most irrational. The chances of you becoming involved with a LEO who is barricaded as part of a domestic violence incident would appear to be even less than your chances of winning the next lottery drawing. Even the chances of you becoming involved in any sort of interaction with any LEO appear to be about the same as winning the next lottery drawing.

This is not to suggest that just because the odds are low you should not carry, because there are many other possible scenarios where you would need to defend yourself that you might encounter that, when aggregated, are about as likely as being struck by lightening. With odds like that it is prudent to have the means of stopping any threat, as oppposed to wishing and hoping.

stay safe.

Not what I ment.. I was saying that even someone of the law still makes mistakes so even if you live near an officer of the law.. Doesn't make it safer cause they have problems of there own and can be mentally unfit

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

philinchaos

Welcome to Oregon US Capital of unjustified police shootings.

My experience with unjustified police shootings started at an early age. On graduation night in Bend OR. some friends got together to celebrate graduation. We were drinking and our driver went off the road the police were there immediatly, the driver was drinking for the first time in his life. We all know the first thing that is impaired by alcohol is your sense of judgement. He was a scared kid and who had never been in trouble in his life (class validictorian) so he tried to flee the scene in his car, there were four officers on the scene all with guns drawn. One was 30 ' in front of the car, rather than take 2 steps to the side he choose to fire 6 rounds through the windshield killing the boy claiming that a vehicle is a deadly weapon and he was protecting his life. I was there, he was in no danger what so ever, one step to the side and he would have been out of the path of the car, to put this in perspective it was muddy and the wheels of the car were spinning reaching the breakneck spea d of 5 to 10 miles per hour. Of course he was cleared of any wrong doing. Case 2, Fred Myers, Portland, obviously mentally disturbed women in bath robe slippers, cat in one hand knife in the other, she is ranting and raving. Police show up equipped with tazers and night sticks , both superior protection against a pairing knife. She refused to drop the knife so they shot her dead. Case 3 police are called to the scene of a naked man acting crazy, he was unarmed and jumped on top of the police car and was shot dead by officers. Case 4, Mother calls police saying here son was high and threatning the family with a knife. Police show up, mother is freaked out by police attitude over situation and fears for her sons life and asks police to leave. Police refused to leave, mother begs police not to shoot her son, she tells her son to get in the house. Police tell son to drop the knife, he did not comply and proceeded to run towards house at mothers request, police shot him 4 times in the back. Every one of these officers were cleared of any wrong doing. What do you think the out come would have been in any of these situations in the shooter was a citizen with a CHP? Remember the don't choke'm smoke'm Tee shirts, kind of show's the mentality. Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for most police officers but I think the overly aggresive training that they go through is breeding a Marine Corp mentality more than a peace officer mentality. More emphasis needs to be put on mental health and negotiation. philinchaos nakeQUOTE=Mattimusmaximus;1890781]Not what I ment.. I was saying that even someone of the law still makes mistakes so even if you live near an officer of the law.. Doesn't make it safer cause they have problems of there own and can be mentally unfit

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-[/QUOTE]

Difdi

Police are people to they make mistakes

I can't find it anymore, but I saw an article a year or two ago that compared arrest rates for various crimes. The article didn't go into convictions or sentences, only what was on arrest reports and whether the arrested individual was a police officer or not. With only one exception, the data showed police to be arrested at almost the same rate per 100,000 as the general public, within 1 or 2 arrests per 100,000 at most. The exception being sexual assault, where police had three times the arrest rate as the general public.

Given how reluctant almost every police officer I've ever met or read about has been to arrest a brother officer, that's terrifying.