• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Info prior to speaking to recruiter?

theaero

Does anyone know if I can do a ROTC program prior to joining the National Guard? I have been wanting to join, but school is getting in the way. I take classes typically every quarter at Bellevue College. I've yet to speak to a recruiter, but plan to soon.

How do I find an ROTC program?

Trigger Dr

Does anyone know if I can do a ROTC program prior to joining the National Guard? I have been wanting to join, but school is getting in the way. I take classes typically every quarter at Bellevue College. I've yet to speak to a recruiter, but plan to soon.

How do I find an ROTC program?

GOOGLE is your friend.

LarryM

I did it many years ago myself - I was in NROTC as an midshipman as well as an enlisted 0311 in the Marine Corps Reserves. But mine ran concurrently though...hope this helps!

theaero

Thanks for the info. At the moment I'm at BC, whose ROTC program is through Seattle U I believe. I will be talking to a few people next week.

My original plan was to join Marines, but was turned down because of severe food allergies. Natty gaurd seems to be a bit more accepting, less waivers, etc. I would love to be able to serve my country somehow, and going to school during is ideal. Either ROTC, or I just learned they have a plan where you split basic into 4 weeks each, two different summers.

77zach

Thanks for the info. At the moment I'm at BC, whose ROTC program is through Seattle U I believe. I will be talking to a few people next week.

My original plan was to join Marines, but was turned down because of severe food allergies. Natty gaurd seems to be a bit more accepting, less waivers, etc. I would love to be able to serve my country somehow, and going to school during is ideal. Either ROTC, or I just learned they have a plan where you split basic into 4 weeks each, two different summers.

Please don't join any branch of the military. The only thing you'll be serving is empire abroad, a few banksters and "defense" contractors. You may help in murdering innocents abroad. Most importantly, you add to the size of the state, which is squeezing us to death here. The founders were against a standing military because they are injurious to our liberty. It is dishonorable to "serve" in this imperial machine. You have been warned.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attacking vets and currently serving military.

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Listen to what he says. Then decide if you agree with his political position or not.

ROTC is, from my experiences many decades ago, "playing soldier" for the first two years, and was designed that way to weed out those that would not fit into the military culture. The second two years were where you were educated on how to be an officer and examined by the military to determine where they would like to put you.

If ROTC is going to be problematical, you can explore the possibilities of OCS after graduation. Depending on your degree you might even get a bit ahead of the ROTC folks (doctors, lawyers, some engineers aree examples).

My concern, for both you and the military, is that you admit to "severe food allergies". The military is very uncaring about tellingf you what is in what they put in front of you to eat, and has little if any desire to prepare a special diet for anybody. That being the case, you need to look at the risk you will be putting yourself at. More importantly, look at the risk you might be creating for anybody under your command. Whether stateside or in combat it is a bother to have your leader suddenly stop leading. Additionally, if you do not die outright you will be taking troops off task to deal with you - generally considered not good for the mission.

stay safe.

J1MB0B

Please don't join any branch of the military. The only thing you'll be serving is empire abroad, a few banksters and "defense" contractors. You may help in murdering innocents abroad. Most importantly, you add to the size of the state, which is squeezing us to death here. The founders were against a standing military because they are injurious to our liberty. It is dishonorable to "serve" in this imperial machine. You have been warned.

All you vets and current military who would attack me......F off.

At the risk of a time out, you friend are a piece of s h i t.

Last edited:

eye95

I served proudly for twenty years. That being said, there is no way I'd join the military now. I could not serve under this president, nor could I be a part of the kind of military he has turned it into.

Despite that, I find the comments of the poster above who hurled a vulgarity at any vets who might disagree with him on this point to be beyond contempt.

Just as contemptible is the vulgarity hurled back.

Can we rationally discuss hot topics without becoming vulgar little children?

SFCRetired

I will second eye95's post.

I served twenty-one years and some of those were under Presidents that I would have had a hard time with rendering them proper honors.
I am glad that I am no longer active duty as this is a president that I could not render honors to.

I will also tell each of you that there are still many fine young professional military men and women serving. I just deplore the way they are being misused by the government.

77zach

At the risk of a time out, you friend are a piece of s h i t.

You're pretty twisted bobby. I'm here warning the kid he could be killed or maimed for no reason in some place like Mali or Libya or Af-Pak or Egypt or some other place he couldn't find on a blank map and I'm the pos? Oh, but that recruiter he'll talk to will give it to him straight, yes sir! See the world while fightin the "roaronterr". Let's not even discuss the inverse relationsip between the size of bloody foreign adventures and freedom in der "homeland".

I've never "served" and I'm damn proud. And no child of mine will ever be fodder for the regime either.

eye95

Well, you basically invited the response you got with your post. You were spoiling for a fight and got it. The whole thing makes your first post and this response look ridiculous. I hope the mods see things the same way and dispatch both of you guys' posts.

Despicable.

KainVictus

You're pretty twisted bobby. I'm here warning the kid he could be killed or maimed for no reason in some place like Mali or Libya or Af-Pak or Egypt or some other place he couldn't find on a blank map and I'm the pos? Oh, but that recruiter he'll talk to will give it to him straight, yes sir! See the world while fightin the "roaronterr". Let's not even discuss the inverse relationsip between the size of bloody foreign adventures and freedom in der "homeland".

I've never "served" and I'm damn proud. And no child of mine will ever be fodder for the regime either.

You can have your opinion of the president all you want. Is he bad at his job hell yes. I serve proudly in the military. I joined before the Obama regime and I'm not happy to serve who I do but to tell people that we are faceless killers or constantly on danger of death ourselves well that's ridiculous. Do the world a favor and don't speak for something you've NEVER been a part of. Let those of us who've been there or are there do that.

77zach

Do the world a favor and don't speak for something you've NEVER been a part of. Let those of us who've been there or are there do that.

LOL. I have to be a part of something to come to a rational and obvious conclusion? You remind me of Gabrielle Giffords testifying in front of the congressional slavers yesterday. She was shot so now she is an expert on "gun safety".

No, I didn't ask you to go, but if I don't pay the taxes to finance your military adventures, health care, retirement benefits, etc, I go to jail. Thanks buddy!

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attacking vets and currently serving military.

Last edited by a moderator:

KainVictus

Obviously you have you're extremely closed minded opinion about all of us but keep in mind we pay those same taxes you do. And we're not the biggest problem in America. And not all of us have anything to do with "killing brown people" matter of fact my naval career has been completely spent supporting my country here in my country.

eye95

I would just stop posting back to this guy. All you are doing is giving him an excuse to repeat his bigotry and his obvious hatred for all of us who served or are serving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I have edited some of the comments above to removed disrespectful comments about our military. You may discuss public policy issues and leadership failings all you want but you may not insult our men and women in uniform!

John