• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Safer Schools Project

Liberty4Ever

My friend David has taken the offense in the recent national debate on mass school shootings. He's actively combating the emotionalism with facts, logic, reason and common sense. He started the Kentucky Safer Schools Project (28JAN13 post) and he spoke to his local school board as a concerned parent (29JAN13 post). He's a very credible speaker. He is the very antithesis of the inbred gun toting moron label that the media tries to slap on any gun rights activist.

http://kyprogress.blogspot.com

This is how attitudes are changed. Not overnight, but over time. Not everyone at the same time, but one person at a time, calming down enough to see through the fear and hype and instead listening to the quieter inner voice of reason and sanity.

Obviously, preventing parents and teachers and school administrators from being armed does nothing to deter a mentally deranged and prescription drug addled criminal from harming children, but it does prevent anyone else from preventing him from committing his heinous acts. Disarming law abiding citizens protects children from people who never were and never will be a threat. Gun free school zone signs have a track record of being 100% ineffective in their nonsensical goal of protecting children from mass murders. Duh.

jackjack

How does KRS.527.070 Section 3(f) line up with federal law?

Right on. I'm an educator, and I would like to see the gun restrictions in schools eliminated. I was surprised that the state allows the board of education and the board of trusties to authorize persons to be exempt from unlawful possession on school property.

The wording can be found in KRS.527.070 section 3(f).

The link is: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/070.PDF

How does this line up with federal law?

Although I don't see it passing through the board in Jefferson County, I would love to petition for authorization. Has anyone does this before and succeeded? ...and failed?

:banana: Dancing banana for section 3(f).

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Right on. I'm an educator, and I would like to see the gun restrictions in schools eliminated. I was surprised that the state allows the board of education and the board of trusties to authorize persons to be exempt from unlawful possession on school property.

The wording can be found in KRS.527.070 section 3(f).

The link is: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00/070.PDF

How does this line up with federal law?

Although I don't see it passing through the board in Jefferson County, I would love to petition for authorization. Has anyone does this before and succeeded? ...and failed?

:banana: Dancing banana for section 3(f).

They can authorize anyone to carry, but unless the individual they give permission to carry has a Kentucky issued CDWL then they are still unable to carry because of the federal GFSZ. Of course there are certain posistions that are exempted from the law, and they are discussed in KRS 527.020.