• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prowler shot, killed at Vancouver Washington home

adam3176

problem solved.

Yea the system wants people to be desperate. That way they can make you all beg for more security for the shortage they will create. And they will have you fighting your own people that are trying to survive. Stealing is no excuse. But when people are desperate to live they will do what they have to.

Thats why they will create shortage of food money and housing. So keep thinking you are free

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I personally can't see shooting a prowler.

What if its a peeping-tom? Peeping isn't a capital offense. Unless a homeowner investigates the prowler and the prowler then offers threat of grave bodily injury or death, I just cannot see killing someone for it.

And, that's just the offense. It doesn't even touch on the criminal investigation of the shooter or the possibility of being sued by the survivors of the prowler.

Its probably just me, but I've already decided that the government has the system rigged against the defender (more or less depending on law in the jurisdiction), and I'm giving the burglar the house. Meaning, if I am home alone, and a burglar breaks in one door---I am going out the other door. There is nothing--nothing--in my home so valuable that it outweighs the risk of criminal prosecution or civil lawsuit. A criminal homicide defense can start at $20K. I imagine a civil defense can't be much behind that, if at all. There is nothing in my home worth that. Not the TV. Not the computer. Nothing.

He comes in the front door, I go out the back door, calling the cops on the way. Oh, I might first yell, "I've got a gun. Go away and leave me alone." But, if that doesn't do the trick, the shrubs outside the master bedroom window are gonna get some broken boughs.

Last edited:

bwboley

Activist Member
Update
A man accused of shooting and killing a suspected prowler in a Vancouver neighborhood has been arrested and charged with murder.

PFC HALE

Yea the system wants people to be desperate. That way they can make you all beg for more security for the shortage they will create. And they will have you fighting your own people that are trying to survive. Stealing is no excuse. But when people are desperate to live they will do what they have to.

Thats why they will create shortage of food money and housing. So keep thinking you are free

huh???

adam3176

Thats how they destroy countries. Create shortage desperate people. Then use media to get the people to turn on others.. While the global controllers are never seen. You think its not happening right now? look around you

Freedom1Man

I personally can't see shooting a prowler.

What if its a peeping-tom? Peeping isn't a capital offense. Unless a homeowner investigates the prowler and the prowler then offers threat of grave bodily injury or death, I just cannot see killing someone for it.

And, that's just the offense. It doesn't even touch on the criminal investigation of the shooter or the possibility of being sued by the survivors of the prowler.

Its probably just me, but I've already decided that the government has the system rigged against the defender (more or less depending on law in the jurisdiction), and I'm giving the burglar the house. Meaning, if I am home alone, and a burglar breaks in one door---I am going out the other door. There is nothing--nothing--in my home so valuable that it outweighs the risk of criminal prosecution or civil lawsuit. A criminal homicide defense can start at $20K. I imagine a civil defense can't be much behind that, if at all. There is nothing in my home worth that. Not the TV. Not the computer. Nothing.

He comes in the front door, I go out the back door, calling the cops on the way. Oh, I might first yell, "I've got a gun. Go away and leave me alone." But, if that doesn't do the trick, the shrubs outside the master bedroom window are gonna get some broken boughs.

750 dollars is the felony breaking point here in Washington.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.56.040

I would never shoot a prowler, a thief on the other hand.... Is attempting to commit a felony.

EMNofSeattle

There is virtually nothing in the article on the actual shooting. But it's not looking good if he's already been arrested for murder.

This guy is probably in handcuffs though becuase he chose to talk too much. hopefully he has a lawyer now and has ceased talking to them.

DamonK

The second that they enter my home the invader is viable threat to me and will only be warned once. Then I will do whatever I have to do to eliminate the threat. But I can't say that I would shoot a prowler. But again, it all depends on the situation.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

adam3176

I'm going to assume this guy is Freedom1man's friend who joined him with the anti-social security sign at the rally.

this is more conspiracy ramblings from him.

what? No there is No conspiracy. Everything is Just fine and Dandy. The government Loves you and wants to keep you all safe at night. While they raid your Jobs Homes Savings accounts ect. Then after they take your guns its roundup time. NO, there is no conspiracy here. :banghead:

Last edited:

adam3176

I'm going to assume this guy is Freedom1man's friend who joined him with the anti-social security sign at the rally.

I remember you. You were talking smack behind my back and didnt have any balls to say anything to my face. . So you started talking behind my back after you got home. Because you cant deal with people in public.. Nice

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Something is not right. To arrest a man at his home is problematic. The man shot a man outside of his house. That still has the possibility to be self-defense. It still has the possibility to be curtilage. Although it's not a good idea to leave your domicile if you are armed, in a safe position and have contacted 911.

Police arrested a northeast Vancouver man for shooting and killing an alleged prowler outside his house early Tuesday morning.

The homeowner does not have a criminal record.

Sean H. Doucette, 27, was later booked into the Clark County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder. Doucette does not have a criminal record, according to the Washington Courts website

The prosecutor seems to understand the law. (But there is still Josh's case...)(And there is still current anti gun hype...)

A similar incident occurred in Vancouver last year. In that case, a man who shot an intruder in his bedroom did not face any criminal charges.

The accused should be familiar with use of force....

Doucette has been employed for about four years as a patrol officer with First Response Inc. in Portland, said First Response owner David Foglio. He is licensed as an armed security officer by the state of Oregon. Doucette’s MySpace page says he’s an Evergreen High School graduate and a Marine.

There is just something about this story that is not adding up....

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jan/29/vancouver-police-prowler-shot-killed-northeast-van/

Last edited:

adam3176

Who cares what Signs People Bring. isn't this a "FREE" Country?

I guess not, Because people can only bring signs that have been approved by you. They will take your guns anyways. Because you don't Understand how they are going to do it.

PFC HALE

Thats how they destroy countries. Create shortage desperate people. Then use media to get the people to turn on others.. While the global controllers are never seen. You think its not happening right now? look around you

again i say HUH??? how are your ramblings relative to me saying problem solved?

are you related to barettachick?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Something is not right. To arrest a man at his home is problematic. The man shot a man outside of his house. That still has the possibility to be self-defense. It still has the possibility to be curtilage. Although it's not a good idea to leave your domicile if you are armed, in a safe position and have contacted 911.
The homeowner does not have a criminal record.
The prosecutor seems to understand the law. (But there is still Josh's case...)(And there is still current anti gun hype...)
The accused should be familiar with use of force....
There is just something about this story that is not adding up....
http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jan/29/vancouver-police-prowler-shot-killed-northeast-van/
There is a possibility that he took the advice of some here and other forums, shut up and don't talk the police....So they went on what information they had at the time and arrested him.
This is always a possibility when involved in a shooting, wonder if he claimed self defense before shutting up and waiting for an attorney?

Last edited: