Thread: 80% drill party

80% drill party

hey guys , on NCGO we are trying to get together for a drill party for 80% lowers. these are 80% AR lowers that do not have serial #. they cost about 80 to 100$. you just have to drill out the area where the firing mechinism goes. we are looking for a place where we can have a drill press to drill it out with. we are also looking to split costs as to the more we order the cheaper the materials.

if you know where we could set this up please let us know. if you would like to join us let us know
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Re: 80% drill party

Ignorant question: why do you want to "drill out" the lower? Educate me.

Edit: Nevermind. I misread the original post. I understand what you're talking about.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruger; 01-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    hey guys , on NCGO we are trying to get together for a drill party for 80% lowers. these are 80% AR lowers that do not have serial #. they cost about 80 to 100$. you just have to drill out the area where the firing mechinism goes. we are looking for a place where we can have a drill press to drill it out with. we are also looking to split costs as to the more we order the cheaper the materials.

if you know where we could set this up please let us know. if you would like to join us let us know
    Any takers yet? I am down in Concord...
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

I may be interested in joining you guys/contributing to costs/order price.

Have 3 80% lowers on back-order with a bunch of guys here in Colorado and we will have a drill party when they come in, as I understand it one of the guys has a big 3 axis machine lined up for use.

I am going to LOVE having 3 totally unmarked ARs.

RUGER, here is a video of the 80% lowers, that is a lower that is 80% finished. you must drill out the fire housing. here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30i_6awxEG4

F350, i have heard that having more than one non-serialed firearm is illegal. i have not been able to find any laws that say this. if you know of any i would appreciate it
    Last edited by papa bear; 01-30-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    F350, i have heard that having more than one non-serialed firearm is illegal. i have not been able to find any laws that say this. if you know of any i would appreciate it
    I have read the paperwork from the BATFE regarding the 80% lowers and nowhere was there anything about a limit on the number; it did say that you can't sell them once the machining is finished.