• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

80% drill party

papa bear

hey guys , on NCGO we are trying to get together for a drill party for 80% lowers. these are 80% AR lowers that do not have serial #. they cost about 80 to 100$. you just have to drill out the area where the firing mechinism goes. we are looking for a place where we can have a drill press to drill it out with. we are also looking to split costs as to the more we order the cheaper the materials.

if you know where we could set this up please let us know. if you would like to join us let us know

carolina guy

hey guys , on NCGO we are trying to get together for a drill party for 80% lowers. these are 80% AR lowers that do not have serial #. they cost about 80 to 100$. you just have to drill out the area where the firing mechinism goes. we are looking for a place where we can have a drill press to drill it out with. we are also looking to split costs as to the more we order the cheaper the materials.

if you know where we could set this up please let us know. if you would like to join us let us know

Any takers yet? I am down in Concord...

F350

Have 3 80% lowers on back-order with a bunch of guys here in Colorado and we will have a drill party when they come in, as I understand it one of the guys has a big 3 axis machine lined up for use.

I am going to LOVE having 3 totally unmarked ARs.

papa bear

RUGER, here is a video of the 80% lowers, that is a lower that is 80% finished. you must drill out the fire housing. here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30i_6awxEG4

F350, i have heard that having more than one non-serialed firearm is illegal. i have not been able to find any laws that say this. if you know of any i would appreciate it

Last edited:

F350

F350, i have heard that having more than one non-serialed firearm is illegal. i have not been able to find any laws that say this. if you know of any i would appreciate it

I have read the paperwork from the BATFE regarding the 80% lowers and nowhere was there anything about a limit on the number; it did say that you can't sell them once the machining is finished.