• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Senator Feinstein declares war on pistol grips

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Just published http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feinstein-declares-war-on-pistol-grips

SNIP

Yesterday in a dramatic ceremony on Capitol Hill, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D – California), amidst a backdrop of normal garden variety one-shot-per-trigger-pull firearms, declared war on pistol grips. Feinstein stated that because "[o]ur weak gun laws allow . . . mass killings to be carried out again, and again, and again in our country . . . the bill she and her colleagues are introducing would bar the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation" of . . . rifles [with] pistol grip."

. . .

Senator Ted Cruz (R – Texas) declared that Feinstein’s proposal would have done "nothing" to prevent the Newtown tragedy and vowed to fight to defeat the bill. OpenCarry.org co-founder John Pierce agrees with Senator Cruz, but went further, calling Feinstein’s legislation “ludicrous and laughable” considering that “nobody has ever been killed by a pistol grip.”

Philip Van Cleave, President of Virginia’s largest gun rights group, the Virginia Citizens Defense League, said that Feinstein’s approach to public safety “is cosmetic, just a gimmick. If a pistol grip on a rifle is a threat to public safety, then why should we allow pistol grips on pistols?,” asked Van Cleave.

Superlite27

What garbage is spewing out of this dumb broad's mouth?

This morning on CNN, I watched an interview with Dianne Feinstein in which she was explaining her proposed legislation. One of the reasons she gave for needing to remove these dangerous types of killer weapons off our streets was (and this is a direct quote).....

The AR-15 has a single-slide stock that can be made fully automatic.

What in God's blazes is a fully automatic single-slide stock?

What kind of garbage can be spewed in ignorance and be swallowed by mindless lemmings?

How is it possible to take anything that comes out of this ignorant woman's mouth seriously?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I never killed anyone with my pistol grip on my rifle ...

next she'll be asking to ban barrels ...

Last edited:

eye95

I don't see how a pistol grip makes my AR any more or less effective. At most, it improves comfort. Frankly, if I ever have to use that rifle, "comfort" will be much higher up on Maslow's heirarchy than the level on which I will then be operating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<O>

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
This morning on CNN, I watched an interview with Dianne Feinstein in which she was explaining her proposed legislation. One of the reasons she gave for needing to remove these dangerous types of killer weapons off our streets was (and this is a direct quote).....
The AR-15 has a single-slide stock that can be made fully automatic.

What in God's blazes is a fully automatic single-slide stoc

I think she has seen a "bump fire stock" AND IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED!!!

SFCRetired

Y'all still don't get it. Feinstein, and her fellow-travelers, are basing everything they try to do on emotional appeals. Unfortunately, far too many of our fellow Americans are either too stupid, too lazy, or too uneducated to realize that they are being had and had big time.

Does it not tell every one of you something that all of these people are far more focused on the "appearance" of weapons than on the actual function?

The only way I can think of to counter these appeals to emotion is to find some way to publish incontrovertible facts as frequently as possible. Unfortunately, we have a major hurdle to overcome with the mainstream media to get the facts published. To be perfectly honest, I do not think I will see it in my lifetime.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Fairfax Times - "No one has ever died because of a pistol grip" says Mike Stollenwerk

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20130124/NEWS/130129544/0/fairfaxTimes&template=fairfaxTimes

Falls Church man helps organize Washington gun control march

by Gregg MacDonald
Staff Writer

For Falls Church resident and father Shaun Dakin, the decision to march in Saturday’s March on Washington for Gun Control was a natural one.

“I’m a longtime contributor to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, and I am excited about the chance for real change around this important issue,” he said.

. . .

Not surprisingly, he has volunteered to man the social media aspects of the grassroots, citizen-led March on Washington for Gun Control, which is made up of concerned parents, pastors, actors, gun-violence survivors, law enforcement officers, elected officials and the Indiana-based One Million Moms for Gun Control.

. . .

Calls made to NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam seeking comment on the march were not returned, but Mike Stollenwerk, founder of Fairfax County-based pro-gun group Opencarry.org, said some of the march’s goals are illogical.

“Serious regulations on fully-automatic weapons already exist,” he said. “I do not think most people realize that today the term ‘military-style assault rifles’ refers strictly to stylistic features like pistol grips that are added to low-caliber rifles--such as .22’s--to make them appear to be military weapons. No one has ever died because of a pistol grip.”

Stollenwerk also said ammunition that shatters inside the body, known as ‘frangible bullets’ are designed to disintegrate into tiny particles upon impact to minimize their penetration power--in a way making them safer than regular bullets. “Frangible bullets promote public safety by staying inside their target instead of harming innocent bystanders,” he said.