Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Lets hit this one hard ...VCDL Alert

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Lets hit this one hard ...VCDL Alert

    Honestly, I could care less about grants and federal task forces. My freedom and yours is not for sale at any price. Period. And absolutely not for some stipend from Uncle Sam. That stipend, by the way, is our own money being handed back to us as a "favor."Shamefully, Delegate Cox led the anti-gun fight to have HB 2430 sent to the House Appropriations Committee at this late date with the hopes of killing it. You know, "Gee, we wanted to hear that bill in Appropriations, but, darn, we just ran out of time!"The choreography began with anti-gun Delegate Toscano, a Democrat, moving to outright kill the bill. A recorded vote on this motion was taken, giving those who wanted to kill the bill in a more stealthily manner cover by allowing their good vote to be seen.

    Here are those who cast an ANTI-GUN VOTE in favor of Toscano's motion to outright kill HB 2430:Albo, BaCote, Brink, Bulova, Carr, Comstock, Dance, Filler-Corn, Herring, Hester, Hodges, Hope, Howell, A.T., James, Keam, Kory, Krupicka, Lewis, Lopez, McClellan, Morrissey, Plum, Scott, J.M., Sickles, Spruill, Surovell, Torian, Toscano, Tyler, Ward, Ware, O., WattsToscano's motion failed.

    The next dance move was by Delegate Kirk Cox, who was so very concerned about losing some droppings from the federal teat, that he made a speech extolling the wonders of sending HB 2430 to the Appropriations committee. Delegate Putney then made the anti-gun motion to send HB 2430 off to the House Appropriations Committee (to die for lack of attention). Forget that the bill itself would actually save the state money by not having to pay our police for their time running around with the feds.On this motion, and not by mistake, only a voice vote was taken, making it difficult to hold the delegates accountable for bad votes. Delegate Bob Marshall made a motion to get a recorded vote, but could not even garner the necessary 20 votes to do so! That means we have a bunch of bad votes and we need to hold those who made them accountable come election time THIS NOVEMBER.

    To save HB 2430 and to hold those with anti-gun votes accountable, we need to take the following two steps:ACTION ITEM 1 of 2 - SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE ON THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEEWe need to FLOOD the email boxes of the House Appropriations Committee with thousands of emails, NOW. We need to tell them to report HB 2430 out of the committee and back to the House Floor.

    To send a pre-written email to all members of the committee in one-fell-swoop, click here and in a few seconds your email will be streaming to all the committee members!http://tinyurl.com/a5otwep

    ACTION ITEM 2 OF 2 - SEND AN EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATE DEMANDING TO KNOW HOW THEY VOTED ON HB 2430!We can find out if your Delegate voted anti-gun to send HB 2430 to Appropriations: you will ask him or her directly!

    To send such an email to YOUR Delegate, simply click here:http://tinyurl.com/atl5an9**

    Once you get a response on how your Delegate voted, forward it to me so we can compile a list of those who voted against gun owners for use in the upcoming election. **VCDL will assume that any Delegate who does not respond to such a direct question is admitting that he or she voted anti-gun on HB 2430.--You can also call your Delegate to find out how he or she voted.

    To find out who your Delegate is, click here and then click on the tab at the top of the screen labeled "Click for Bill Tracking, Meetings, Who's My Legislator?"http://virginiageneralassembly.gov/Let's roll!!!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-30-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Paragraphs

  2. #2
    Regular Member Numenor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    94
    Sent and Sent. Thanks for the tip on this VCDL.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Likewise emails sent.

    They'd sell our rights for 30 pieces of silver
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Looks like Philip's having a senior day

    ooops!Delegate Bob Marshall's bill should be HB 2340, not HB 2430. Looks like lys-dexia hit me! The emails going to committee and individual delegates have been corrected to show HB 2340 already.Sorry for the goof up.-

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Looks like Philip's having a senior day
    Doe that mean he qualifies for the Ol' Man's Club or do we still have to vote on it?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member optiksguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Town of Herndon, VA
    Posts
    69
    Sent and forwarded on to friends. Is there a fax number for the Appropriations Committee we can hit?

  7. #7
    Regular Member sparkman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Posts
    132
    Sent it on its way, both of them. forwarding this on to fellow citizens because they too need to know
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

  8. #8
    Regular Member sccrref's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, , USA
    Posts
    741
    Both fire missions completed.

  9. #9
    Regular Member mtbinva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mount Nebo, WV
    Posts
    82

    Lets hit this one hard ...VCDL Alert

    Both done. Shared as well.
    Chance favors only the prepared mind.

    Louis Pasteur


  10. #10
    Regular Member Esanders2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    576
    Done.
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

  11. #11
    Regular Member USNA69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    375
    Mission Accomplished. Request permission to secure from General Quarters, Sir.

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by USNA69 View Post
    Mission Accomplished. Request permission to secure from General Quarters, Sir.
    Permission Granted!

    I sure like your Avatar.

  13. #13
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Done and thanks for your diligence. I don't need to send an email to my delegate since that would be Bob Marshall.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  14. #14
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    My delegate is Mame BaCote. Anybody want to guess how she voted?

    Live Free or Die
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    My delegate is Mame BaCote. Anybody want to guess how she voted?

    Live Free or Die
    Get a rope!

  16. #16
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    sent and posted on VAGT.


    some of the responses over @ VAGT, in the shout box .. "oh no the feds will cut off our highway funds.... eek!!!!!!"
    Last edited by Marco; 01-31-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  17. #17
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    sent and posted on VAGT.


    some of the responses over @ VAGT, in the shout box .. "oh no the feds will cut off our highway funds.... eek!!!!!!"
    Viewing Federal Grant Money as a return of our tax dollars, while somewhat true, is a bit simplistic. That money actually comes from the general treasury from amounts paid by all states. One way to motivate Virginia to participate in enforcing Federal Gun Rules would be to a) withhold federal funds from states that don't comply, and b) increase funding to states that do, which of course sends our tax money to another state.

    Highway funds are a major issue, as are DoD funds.

    If you live in Tidewater, you're aware of the uproar about the possibility of moving an aircraft carrier to Florida. Such a move would require preparation of facilities in Florida, federal money not spent here.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    19
    Sent.

    Thanks for the heads up.

  19. #19
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453
    Thought it was hb2340. That's what I asked Loupassi to vote for.

    Sending the emails now.

    Sent and sent. Wyoming and Arizona are moving forward with similar bills.

    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...ol-measures/2/

    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...-gun-measures/
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 01-31-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

  20. #20
    Regular Member ryan7068's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    185
    Last I heard the federal gov'ts 16 credit cards were all maxed out! Sounds like they could do with some reduced spending!

    Virginia can be the first to blaze a trail and stop bending to the will of that vastly over-inflated thing called the U.S. Dollar!
    Last edited by ryan7068; 01-31-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

  21. #21
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan7068 View Post
    Last I heard the federal gov'ts 16 credit cards were all maxed out! Sounds like they could do with some reduced spending!

    Virginia can be the first to blaze a trail and stop bending to the will of that vastly over-inflated thing called the U.S. Dollar!
    Too late to be first in this. Wyoming and Arizona already told them where to stuff it.

  22. #22
    Regular Member USNA69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Permission Granted!

    I sure like your Avatar.
    Thanks, Peter. I got tired of looking at Onslow.

  23. #23
    Regular Member shadow247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hampton
    Posts
    19
    Sent, and forwarding to my friends on another forum who I know are pro-gun.
    "Truth is treason in an empire of lies" - Ron Paul
    Government can neither guarantee nor grant safety. The supreme affirmed as much when they stated police have no duty to protect you.

  24. #24
    Regular Member ryan7068's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Too late to be first in this. Wyoming and Arizona already told them where to stuff it.
    Well color me impressed! Nothing to take away the sovereignty of states like a bunch of federal theft followed by some frivolous yet control based redistribution!
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

  25. #25
    Regular Member stickslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Honestly, I could care less about grants and federal task forces. My freedom and yours is not for sale at any price. Period. And absolutely not for some stipend from Uncle Sam. That stipend, by the way, is our own money being handed back to us as a "favor."Shamefully, Delegate Cox led the anti-gun fight to have HB 2430 sent to the House Appropriations Committee at this late date with the hopes of killing it. You know, "Gee, we wanted to hear that bill in Appropriations, but, darn, we just ran out of time!"The choreography began with anti-gun Delegate Toscano, a Democrat, moving to outright kill the bill. A recorded vote on this motion was taken, giving those who wanted to kill the bill in a more stealthily manner cover by allowing their good vote to be seen.

    Here are those who cast an ANTI-GUN VOTE in favor of Toscano's motion to outright kill HB 2430:Albo, BaCote, Brink, Bulova, Carr, Comstock, Dance, Filler-Corn, Herring, Hester, Hodges, Hope, Howell, A.T., James, Keam, Kory, Krupicka, Lewis, Lopez, McClellan, Morrissey, Plum, Scott, J.M., Sickles, Spruill, Surovell, Torian, Toscano, Tyler, Ward, Ware, O., WattsToscano's motion failed.

    The next dance move was by Delegate Kirk Cox, who was so very concerned about losing some droppings from the federal teat, that he made a speech extolling the wonders of sending HB 2430 to the Appropriations committee. Delegate Putney then made the anti-gun motion to send HB 2430 off to the House Appropriations Committee (to die for lack of attention). Forget that the bill itself would actually save the state money by not having to pay our police for their time running around with the feds.On this motion, and not by mistake, only a voice vote was taken, making it difficult to hold the delegates accountable for bad votes. Delegate Bob Marshall made a motion to get a recorded vote, but could not even garner the necessary 20 votes to do so! That means we have a bunch of bad votes and we need to hold those who made them accountable come election time THIS NOVEMBER.

    To save HB 2430 and to hold those with anti-gun votes accountable, we need to take the following two steps:ACTION ITEM 1 of 2 - SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE ON THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEEWe need to FLOOD the email boxes of the House Appropriations Committee with thousands of emails, NOW. We need to tell them to report HB 2430 out of the committee and back to the House Floor.

    To send a pre-written email to all members of the committee in one-fell-swoop, click here and in a few seconds your email will be streaming to all the committee members!http://tinyurl.com/a5otwep

    ACTION ITEM 2 OF 2 - SEND AN EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATE DEMANDING TO KNOW HOW THEY VOTED ON HB 2430!We can find out if your Delegate voted anti-gun to send HB 2430 to Appropriations: you will ask him or her directly!

    To send such an email to YOUR Delegate, simply click here:http://tinyurl.com/atl5an9**

    Once you get a response on how your Delegate voted, forward it to me so we can compile a list of those who voted against gun owners for use in the upcoming election. **VCDL will assume that any Delegate who does not respond to such a direct question is admitting that he or she voted anti-gun on HB 2430.--You can also call your Delegate to find out how he or she voted.

    To find out who your Delegate is, click here and then click on the tab at the top of the screen labeled "Click for Bill Tracking, Meetings, Who's My Legislator?"http://virginiageneralassembly.gov/Let's roll!!!


    After hitting this one hard and waiting a spell, I received an official snail mail response from my delegate for the 2nd district. Mr. Mark Dudenhefer provided this response:




    Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

    Thank you for contacting with your views and concerns on difficult issues facing the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is my privilege to be elected to represent you in the House of Delegates, and I appreciate your interest in the challenges confronting our Commonwealth. As a Delegate, it is my job to represent the views of my constituents when formulating state policies. In doing so, I take note of every correspondence and phone call coming in my office (I'd like to see those metrics).

    I'd additional information regarding my views on these and other legislative issues, I encourage you to visit my website (collecting more metrics here), which includes a Legislative Survey for you to share your opinions. I would also encourage you to visit the General Assembly Website at www.virginiageneralassembly.gov. It has several features designed to keep you up-to-date on issues in Richmond that will impact the 2nd House of Virginia.

    Please be assured that I will work to ensure that our democracy continues to reflect our founding principles of equality, integrity, and justice. Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will remain in touch on future items of importance to you (you bet I will).

    Sincerely,
    Mark Dudenhefer
    Delegate, 2nd District






    Well anyway, that answer didn't quite say anything about how he voted now did it. Just pretty much a canned response to all of his constituents I would guess.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •