• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets hit this one hard ...VCDL Alert

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Honestly, I could care less about grants and federal task forces. My freedom and yours is not for sale at any price. Period. And absolutely not for some stipend from Uncle Sam. That stipend, by the way, is our own money being handed back to us as a "favor."Shamefully, Delegate Cox led the anti-gun fight to have HB 2430 sent to the House Appropriations Committee at this late date with the hopes of killing it. You know, "Gee, we wanted to hear that bill in Appropriations, but, darn, we just ran out of time!"The choreography began with anti-gun Delegate Toscano, a Democrat, moving to outright kill the bill. A recorded vote on this motion was taken, giving those who wanted to kill the bill in a more stealthily manner cover by allowing their good vote to be seen.

Here are those who cast an ANTI-GUN VOTE in favor of Toscano's motion to outright kill HB 2430:Albo, BaCote, Brink, Bulova, Carr, Comstock, Dance, Filler-Corn, Herring, Hester, Hodges, Hope, Howell, A.T., James, Keam, Kory, Krupicka, Lewis, Lopez, McClellan, Morrissey, Plum, Scott, J.M., Sickles, Spruill, Surovell, Torian, Toscano, Tyler, Ward, Ware, O., WattsToscano's motion failed.

The next dance move was by Delegate Kirk Cox, who was so very concerned about losing some droppings from the federal teat, that he made a speech extolling the wonders of sending HB 2430 to the Appropriations committee. Delegate Putney then made the anti-gun motion to send HB 2430 off to the House Appropriations Committee (to die for lack of attention). Forget that the bill itself would actually save the state money by not having to pay our police for their time running around with the feds.On this motion, and not by mistake, only a voice vote was taken, making it difficult to hold the delegates accountable for bad votes. Delegate Bob Marshall made a motion to get a recorded vote, but could not even garner the necessary 20 votes to do so! That means we have a bunch of bad votes and we need to hold those who made them accountable come election time THIS NOVEMBER.

To save HB 2430 and to hold those with anti-gun votes accountable, we need to take the following two steps:ACTION ITEM 1 of 2 - SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE ON THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEEWe need to FLOOD the email boxes of the House Appropriations Committee with thousands of emails, NOW. We need to tell them to report HB 2430 out of the committee and back to the House Floor.

To send a pre-written email to all members of the committee in one-fell-swoop, click here and in a few seconds your email will be streaming to all the committee members!http://tinyurl.com/a5otwep

ACTION ITEM 2 OF 2 - SEND AN EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATE DEMANDING TO KNOW HOW THEY VOTED ON HB 2430!We can find out if your Delegate voted anti-gun to send HB 2430 to Appropriations: you will ask him or her directly!

To send such an email to YOUR Delegate, simply click here:http://tinyurl.com/atl5an9**

Once you get a response on how your Delegate voted, forward it to me so we can compile a list of those who voted against gun owners for use in the upcoming election. **VCDL will assume that any Delegate who does not respond to such a direct question is admitting that he or she voted anti-gun on HB 2430.--You can also call your Delegate to find out how he or she voted.

To find out who your Delegate is, click here and then click on the tab at the top of the screen labeled "Click for Bill Tracking, Meetings, Who's My Legislator?"http://virginiageneralassembly.gov/Let's roll!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looks like Philip's having a senior day:banana:

ooops!Delegate Bob Marshall's bill should be HB 2340, not HB 2430. Looks like lys-dexia hit me! The emails going to committee and individual delegates have been corrected to show HB 2340 already.Sorry for the goof up.-

Marco

sent and posted on VAGT.

some of the responses over @ VAGT, in the shout box .. "oh no the feds will cut off our highway funds.... eek!!!!!!"

Last edited:

2a4all

sent and posted on VAGT.

some of the responses over @ VAGT, in the shout box .. "oh no the feds will cut off our highway funds.... eek!!!!!!"
Viewing Federal Grant Money as a return of our tax dollars, while somewhat true, is a bit simplistic. That money actually comes from the general treasury from amounts paid by all states. One way to motivate Virginia to participate in enforcing Federal Gun Rules would be to a) withhold federal funds from states that don't comply, and b) increase funding to states that do, which of course sends our tax money to another state.

Highway funds are a major issue, as are DoD funds.

If you live in Tidewater, you're aware of the uproar about the possibility of moving an aircraft carrier to Florida. Such a move would require preparation of facilities in Florida, federal money not spent here.

ryan7068

Last I heard the federal gov'ts 16 credit cards were all maxed out! Sounds like they could do with some reduced spending!:uhoh:

Virginia can be the first to blaze a trail and stop bending to the will of that vastly over-inflated thing called the U.S. Dollar!

Last edited: