• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC carrying in & around the area of Wichita

SGT.O

Just had a quick question on laws involving the open carry in & around Wichita. Do you have to have a concealed carry permit to openly carry in sedgwick county including the city of Haysville, Derby, Goddard, Wichita? I do travel there quite often to visit family & friends. Just wanted to get some info before i do start carrying openly over there.

Thanks
Jay

KTCerberus

Inside the city of Wichita you do not need a CCP from the state to open carry on public or private property, but you must to carry inside a vehicle. Any carry inside a vehicle is "concealed" according to the city so the firearm must be unloaded and out of reach.

As far as I know Wichita is the only south central kansas municipality with this law, elsewhere in the state OC is legal without KS CCP however I would check in each city.

SGT.O

Ok thanks KTCerberus for the information. Ya i knew that the rest of the state is legal to oc without the concealed permit. I was just ascertaining in reference to different things i been hearing about the city of Wichita on if its legal to carry without a concealed permit. But anyways thanks for the information on the subject.

Thanks
Jay SGT.O