• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hb 1588

tombrewster421

This would effectively enhance the non existent registration in the state since we know the DOL keeps a record of every transaction.

Last edited:

jt59

$$$

I am opposed to this legislation....somewhere along the line, the "close the gun show" loop hole has transitioned to this. I heard it in the testimony given at the national level by Gabby's husband...when he said the "private sale loophole"....all the while saying that they support 2A, are gun owners, hunters and recreational shooters....and some "fee" to be determined. Scope this on a national level and how much does that add up to?

Taking away our rights and getting us to pay for it....how stinkin' cool is that....you gotta love politicians.

There is a new tool on the WA legislative website to voice your opinion on any bill without having to contact the sponsor directly, who may or may not share the information.

It appears to be a bit of a "polling" tool and allows for anyone to offer opinion. I don't know how they will characterize the information, but it appears to be more in the sun and less of a burden to migrate through to offer a legislator your comments. I have used it, and it is pretty straight forward.. Opposed, Neutral, For are the choices along with a window for your detail comments....

https://washingtonleg.granicusideas.com/widget/agenda_items/HB 1588

Last edited:

skeith5

Hopefully the comment actually goes somewhere (I'm going to follow up with e-mail.) Here's what I wrote:

I oppose this bill. Universal background checks will do nothing to prevent crime. Criminals who want a gun will use a straw buyer, steal firearms, or buy from other criminals. The "gun show loophole" is VASTLY overstated. Only 1.9% of firearms used in crimes were originally bought at gun shows. I don't know of any gun shows in Washington that don't require you to be a member with a background check. Look at current advertisements on forums such as waguns.org, nearly every single ad requires a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) to be shown. A background check was conducted when the user received their background check, that should be good enough. We should instead work on making penalties for using firearms in crimes higher (or just better enforcement of current penalties), and put offenders in REAL jails (less TV, more heavy labor).

jt59

Hopefully the comment actually goes somewhere (I'm going to follow up with e-mail.) Here's what I wrote:

I oppose this bill. Universal background checks will do nothing to prevent crime. Criminals who want a gun will use a straw buyer, steal firearms, or buy from other criminals. The "gun show loophole" is VASTLY overstated. Only 1.9% of firearms used in crimes were originally bought at gun shows. I don't know of any gun shows in Washington that don't require you to be a member with a background check. Look at current advertisements on forums such as waguns.org, nearly every single ad requires a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) to be shown. A background check was conducted when the user received their background check, that should be good enough. We should instead work on making penalties for using firearms in crimes higher (or just better enforcement of current penalties), and put offenders in REAL jails (less TV, more heavy labor).

Read the bill.....

It's not about gun shows...it's about ALL private sales....

skeith5

Read the bill.....

It's not about gun shows...it's about ALL private sales....

I read the bill, try reading my statement again. I don't just talk about gun shows...

I completely understand this is for all private sales and sent a more in depth letter to my reps.

Scott

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2