• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone got a phonecall from 000-000-0000

linerider69

Looking up different bills and petitions on the internet yesterday i got a phone call after signing a petition from 000-000-0000 they stayed on the line for a couple of seconds then hung up just wondered if it was a coincidence or has someone else seen this.

MikeTheGreek

Telemarketing calls with a spoofed CID. I can call people with that number via skype on my laptop, or 111 111 1111, etc.

Telemarketers always use weird numbers. Got a call from a salesmen last week and his number was 1234

sharkey

[video=youtube;rkcGm-pWwsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcGm-pWwsQ[/video]

motoxmann

anytime my local police department calls me, it shows up as 000-000-0000. many many companies have this encorporated into their phone lines to remain anonymous.
and I know you're curious, my police department called me several times during the course of getting/receiving my pistol permit, and my job occasionally causes some interaction as well. it's always been a positive experience on my end

linerider69

Appreciate the comments guys cool won't have to keep this stupid looking aluminum foil hat on anymore.LMAO

Resto Guy

Looking up different bills and petitions on the internet yesterday i got a phone call after signing a petition from 000-000-0000 they stayed on the line for a couple of seconds then hung up just wondered if it was a coincidence or has someone else seen this.

No kidding, I've had the same thing happen to me with that number showing. Probably 7-8 times in the last 2 months. Never an answer on the other end.

I will add that I don't do online petions or the like, especially giving personal information.

Last edited: