Thread: They want to ban >.22 cal From my foia request response

Banned

They want to ban >.22 cal From my foia request response

From: Calabrese, Chris Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:57 PM To: Reinhart, Christopher Subject: Gun Laws Questions
    o Purchases of new handguns or rifles that are more than 22 caliber, can hold more than 7 rounds, or can fire semi-automatically banned. Guns already in circulation that fall into these categories must be placed in target range lock-down cases. Possession of such weapons outside of target ranges banned as of Oct 1, 2013

just one of may gems I noted in my FOIA responses ... they are looking to the characteristics of an AR (pistol grip, folding stocks, etc) and seeing what they can pass to ban & grab the gun .
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-31-2013 at 05:04 PM.

"They" must not include Sen. Meyer

S. B. 122. "They" (meaning the royal "We" of Sen. Meyer, himself, and he) want to ban all firearms that can hold more than one round.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/201...122-R00-SB.htm

The antis have pulled out all the stops and are actually proposing the sorts of bills that The Onion would have rejected as too silly to joke about 3 months ago. One advantage is that no longer can anyone reasonably claim "no one wants to take away all your guns".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny W View Post
    S. B. 122. "They" (meaning the royal "We" of Sen. Meyer, himself, and he) want to ban all firearms that can hold more than one round.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/201...122-R00-SB.htm

The antis have pulled out all the stops and are actually proposing the sorts of bills that The Onion would have rejected as too silly to joke about 3 months ago. One advantage is that no longer can anyone reasonably claim "no one wants to take away all your guns".
    I have filed a foia request with Meyer's office ... big surprise...they refuse to comply with the law and have not responded...