• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daycare centers.

Trapper-Randy

I know there is no guns allowed on any school grounds but what about state ran daycare centers. Are they under the same laws? I dont want to get into trouble picken my kids up. I would be carrying concealed.

T-R

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
18 Pa CS 912 prohibits carry at K-12 schools. A day care center, state run or otherwise, is not a K-12 school. As such, there is no prohibition and it is not illegal.

If it were a state run facility, in order for them to even post a "No Guns" sign, there would need to be a State Regulation published in the Pa. Code giving them the authority to do so.

Trapper-Randy

Thanks for the replys! My kids are in kindergarten and they go to a daycare center after school for an hour. They do not have an actual kindergarten class. Should I ask the director of the daycare and see if she knows for sure or am I asking for trouble?

T-R

mrjam2jab

If you ask it's almost guaranteed they'll say "No you can't".

Legally, you can....but once they say "No" then you can't.

Your kids are there for an after school program. That's not the same as having a kindergarten class...so you're ok there.

Last edited: