• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Zips in spokane

zeninthesun

Afternoon All,
So usually i conceal and try not to draw alot of attention to myself, but this just takes the cake. Today i decided to open carry, which i do occasionally at places like starbucks, book stores, etc. Im out of Spokane and my father and I are enjoying having lunch on the Zips of Sprague and Napa or Lee. After getting up to get some fry sauce and open carrying, the manager walks up and asks me to provide a permit for my 45. Course, i dont have to since its open carry, but i didn't want to cause a fuss. He promptly told me that this is a gun free zone. Remembering my OC reading, i leaned over and looked at the doors and windows, where no carry/concealed signs are supposed to, by law, be easily visable. There aren't any. I pointed this out to the manager and he quickly got really aggessive. He followed with a story about how his 18yr old son's friend just got killed by a handgun and it was too much for him. At this point i pretty much asked if he wanted me to leave or if i could finish my meal with my father and then leave. He asked me to cover up, which i did, and that was that. I asked for his info so i could report this act to his management and he gave me flak about that as well. Needless to say, i have a phrase of yee with the coolest head wins, which was me but i would suggest caution while dinning at this establishment. I wouldn't say that all of the zips are the same, but this one has for sure lost my business.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Afternoon All,
So usually i conceal and try not to draw alot of attention to myself, but this just takes the cake. Today i decided to open carry, which i do occasionally at places like starbucks, book stores, etc. Im out of Spokane and my father and I are enjoying having lunch on the Zips of Sprague and Napa or Lee. After getting up to get some fry sauce and open carrying, the manager walks up and asks me to provide a permit for my 45. Course, i dont have to since its open carry, but i didn't want to cause a fuss. He promptly told me that this is a gun free zone. Remembering my OC reading, i leaned over and looked at the doors and windows, where no carry/concealed signs are supposed to, by law, be easily visable. There aren't any. I pointed this out to the manager and he quickly got really aggessive. He followed with a story about how his 18yr old son's friend just got killed by a handgun and it was too much for him. At this point i pretty much asked if he wanted me to leave or if i could finish my meal with my father and then leave. He asked me to cover up, which i did, and that was that. I asked for his info so i could report this act to his management and he gave me flak about that as well. Needless to say, i have a phrase of yee with the coolest head wins, which was me but i would suggest caution while dinning at this establishment. I wouldn't say that all of the zips are the same, but this one has for sure lost my business.

I have never had an issue in Zips at Spokane Valley or Ritzville.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
At this point i pretty much asked if he wanted me to leave or if i could finish my meal with my father and then leave. He asked me to cover up, which i did, and that was that.
If I keep my CPL in the car, and some yeahoo demands I "cover up" is he breaking any laws by telling me to break a law? I might be tempted to call local LE (not 911) to report him. This is just a what if, I've never had an issue in over three years.

LarryM

Like I said in the other "Zips" thread: all run by a bunch of mental midgets...and what I hate are the "war stories" these people throw out there - you know the type: My mommy/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/dog/cat/etc..was killed/maimed/injured/scared schitless...by a gun/slingshot yadda yadda - just to justify their paranoia and/or liberal philosophy...

I GOT NEWS FOR YA! I DIDN'T SHOOT YOUR KID!

And what's more: Zips has crappy food and lousy service (IMHO)

amzbrady

I don't like your religeon here, while you are here you will need to practice our religeon.

Do you conform or leave?

I don't like your gun here, while you are here you will need to cover up.

Do you conform or leave?

The anti's don't like your 2nd amendment, Are you going to conform???
Where do you draw the line on your beliefs?