Thread: Where to go shooting out in the woods?

Where to go shooting out in the woods?

I'm in S. Everett area and want to go shooting in the woods.

I looked at various forums and there is a lot of controversy as to where you can go and do this.

Since most of you seem to be on top of the laws and regulations thought I would ask.

"The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Darrington has a lot of spots that I've been to. Very populated spots or spots that people are really after. The law never comes snooping around either. A LEO in town told me about some and found some through word of mouth.

Look at a map of DNR lands and National Forest areas. East of Granite Falls and around Darrington are pretty much the only areas where you won't run afoul of private owners trespassing you.

The big problem with finding areas is that once a spot gets passed around on the local forums, in no time at all they get trashed. Not just with old computers, TV's, Appliances, but pallets, plywood, and all kinds of Produce items that are shot up and leave a mess.

Way too many shooters that don't feel it's necessary to leave a clean spot just as clean as when they found it.

That's why not that many are willing to share their favorite spots.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I'm in Burien, also looking to do some shooting soon. Just purchased some new arms and have not fired them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Look at a map of DNR lands and National Forest areas. East of Granite Falls and around Darrington are pretty much the only areas where you won't run afoul of private owners trespassing you.

The big problem with finding areas is that once a spot gets passed around on the local forums, in no time at all they get trashed. Not just with old computers, TV's, Appliances, but pallets, plywood, and all kinds of Produce items that are shot up and leave a mess.

Way too many shooters that don't feel it's necessary to leave a clean spot just as clean as when they found it.

That's why not that many are willing to share their favorite spots.
    +1

I have a wooded site where the property owner doesn't mind and I can leave my target stands up as long as I take everything else home with me, it's a wonderful set-up and I take NO ONE there with me becuase just one less then savory "friend of a friend" while likes to drink, smoke, and have sex and leave all the evidence behind and I'm done there.

It's sad, but it's the world we live in.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    +1

I have a wooded site where the property owner doesn't mind and I can leave my target stands up as long as I take everything else home with me, it's a wonderful set-up and I take NO ONE there with me becuase just one less then savory "friend of a friend" while likes to drink, smoke, and have sex and leave all the evidence behind and I'm done there.

It's sad, but it's the world we live in.

Darn right! Nobody likes those "Accidental Discharges"
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I found this map..
    http://sheriff.snoco.org/Documents/N...ull_County.pdf

Where is the King County as well
    http://your.kingcounty.gov/ftp/gis/W.../NSArea_Map.pd

I been to Norpoint 2 times. I called today and asked if bi-metal jackets was allowed, think his name was jason said yes, but if the magnet sticks to it that means its steel core and you can't. I told him bi-metal means copper and steel so the magnet will stick. He said if it sticks that means its steel core and you can't.
    Do they do drug testing at Norpoint? Freaking confused people.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raffie View Post
    Do they do drug testing at Norpoint? Freaking confused people.....

Probably do require "whiz testing" but consider this. What IQ levels usually apply for jobs paying minimum wage? As a general rule, the IQ level of the applicant pool goes up proportionately with the increase in offered wage (to a point anyway). Not too many "rocket scientists" working there.