• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Biden: New gun controls likely won't end shootings

Grim_Night

Joey says what the rest of us already know... finally :banghead:

Vice President Joe Biden acknowledged that new gun laws would not "fundamentally alter" the likelihood of another mass shooting, though he insisted there has been a "sea change" in American views on guns in the wake of Newtown.

"Nothing we're going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down to 1,000 a year from what it is now," Biden told reporters Thursday afternoon after he spent over an hour lunching with Democratic senators at the Capitol.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...w-gun-controls-likely-wont-end-shootings?lite

Last edited:

zack991

Biden:These new gun control laws won’t stop mass shooting

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/...entally-alter-the-chances-of-a-mass-shooting/

"Nothing we're going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down to 1,000 a year from what it is now," Biden told reporters Thursday afternoon after he spent over an hour lunching with Democratic senators at the Capitol.

"But there are things that we can do, demonstrably can do, that have virtually zero impact on your Second Amendment right to own a weapon for both self defense and recreation that can save some lives," he said…

"I'm not saying there's an absolute consensus on all these things," Biden said, "but there is a sea change, a sea change in the attitudes of the American people. I believe the American people will not understand -- and I know that everyone in that caucus understands -- they won't understand if we don't act.

Biden and his big mouth is a gift to gun owners,lets use this to the max.

nonameisgood

Biden:These new gun control laws won’t stop mass shooting

For normal people, the first rule in a crisis is to do nothing, until you know the right thing to do. For politicians, it is that no good crisis should go unexploited for your own purposes.

nobama

He is actually spouting the truth for once. Anybody with half a brain would agree with him.So the question is WHY? why do they go to great lengths to shred our Constitution in the name of safety? well, either their dumb a$$es or they have another agenda. You all be the judge. (elected libtards, the greatest threat to America)

motoxmann

He is actually spouting the truth for once. Anybody with half a brain would agree with him.So the question is WHY? why do they go to great lengths to shred our Constitution in the name of safety? well, either their dumb a$$es or they have another agenda. You all be the judge. (elected libtards, the greatest threat to America)

*they're
;)

eye95

ABP. It is just a few lines down on the index.

Folks, please at least scan the site before posting "discoveries." This one didn't even require a search to stumble across it. Just a quick review of the index of the forum where it was posted! The thread titles are almost identical!!

Grim_Night

ABP. It is just a few lines down on the index.

Folks, please at least scan the site before posting "discoveries." This one didn't even require a search to stumble across it. Just a quick review of the index of the forum where it was posted! The thread titles are almost identical!!

look at the dates of the original post... mine was first

No hate

For normal people, the first rule in a crisis is to do nothing, until you know the right thing to do. For politicians, it is that no good crisis should go unexploited for your own purposes.

Nicely put. I too believe politicians will do almost anything to appear to be doing something about a problem when in fact actually doing something significant about a problem is almost impossible. Biden's remarks are a breath of fresh air in this context.

There is a story that a grieving mother who lost her son in the vietnam conflict asked Jiddu Krishnamurti for solice for her loss. JK responded something to the effect "Madam, are you willing to give up your material ways in life, your national borders and relative personal security so that wars will no longer be fought?" The greiving mother said no. To which JK said "then I have nothing to say about your loss".

We all know, here anyway, that the proposed new laws will do extremely little to address the 10,000 + gun deaths per year that are, at root, caused by crime and poverty. There is no political or societal will to create massive new infrastructures to help all that need mental health services. So like the grieving mother in the above story we will live and die within the society we created.

I do not fear the guvm't taking our guns in some kind of power grab. I do not think that our soldiers or police would ever go along with such a move (and I think it is highly insulting to our armed forces to suggest otherwise). Wall street already owns boths sides of our government and never fired a shot. I do fear US as a society. Democrats buy votes from a nonproductive underclass. Replublicans buy votes from the wealthy who cheat, not create, thier way into wealth. No one wants to more pay taxes because we do not believe the government will spend it wisely or we are too greedy ourselves, probably both.

So what have we as a society elected to do? Arm up and when the SHTF we hope to still be standing afterwords. But what does afterwords mean? When will our current problems no longer be such? Can we really kill our way out of this mess, or any other for very long? Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot tried to kill thier way into utopia. The western powers are still living with the karma we wrought in our armed colonial adventures.

So yeah, I am armed too and give very little of my money away to charity nor spend much time helping others. Like Joe B, I am not saying I have an answer either. Nor do I pretend to be a better person than the next schmuck spouting "answers" to the deluded. Basically I hope that what ever species comes after human beings is better adapted to living in large complex societies because this species has some serious design flaws.