Thread: Paul Ryan Endorses Universal Background Checks:

Paul Ryan Endorses Universal Background Checks:

Derp.
    Paul Ryan Endorses Universal Background Checks: Time for Gun Owners to Negotiate?

1/29/13 | by S.H. Blannelberry

“I think we need to find out how to close these loopholes and do it in such a way that we don’t infringe on Second Amendment rights.”http://www.guns.com/2013/01/29/paul-...gotiate-video/
    Ryan's email.
    https://paulryan.house.gov/contact/c...ip5=53405&zip4
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Done
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I did it as well.

Email sent

Shameful. As if we need the federal government doing anything else for us.

Email sent.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Been there, An just did that...

Message sent to this weak career politician.

Founder's Club Member
    “I think we need to find out how to close these loopholes and do it in such a way that we don’t infringe on Second Amendment rights.”
    Not only a weak politician, but an Orwellian, too. Closing a so-called loophole is an infringement.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

No surprise. Paul Ryan is a fake conservative who loves big government as long as its his kind of big government. His own "conservative" budget plan wouldn't even balance the yearly deficit for 28 years.

I can't believe how so many people are fooled by this guy. His voting record speaks for itself. Big government all the way. ...Ok, 80% of the way.

Banned
    He did run with the Candidate with the strongest Gun Control History.

I received a reply today:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

Under Congressional Courtesy, I have referred your letter to your Congressperson, who serves the WI03 district in the U.S. House of Representatives. As is the custom in Congress, all letters from those outside of a Member's congressional district are referred to the Member of Congress who serves the constituent's district. I am glad, however, that you took the time to write on this important issue.

Thank you again for taking an active interest in this issue.

Signed,

Congressman Weak, er Ryan

Same reply here anmut.

I had brought up the fact that a criminal is not going to do a background check and that background checks are have a placebo effect (JPFO article).

Dear protias:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun control laws in America. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding this subject, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers remain with the families and friends of those affected by this unspeakable tragedy. At this trying time, we must show our sympathy, pray for and stand together with the people of Connecticut, as well as all the friends and loved ones of the victims and survivors.

I understand that there will be a national discussion about our gun laws and what actions could be taken to prevent such horrific crimes in the future. Nearly every parent's greatest concern is the safety of their children. The question policymakers should ask about gun-control measures is 'Do they work?' The President has called to reinstate a nationwide assault-weapons ban. But a similar ban was the law of the land for a decade, and it didn't stop tragic shootings. I have concerns with recycling the failed policies of the past—or simply tightening laws that are ineffective.

This is matter on which reasonable people often disagree. However, I believe we can work together to find answers that most importantly protect innocent lives, as well as constitutional rights, and at the same time find ways to stop unstable people from committing these incomprehensible crimes in the first place. The problem is comprehensive. It includes issues of mental illness, culture and crime, and deeper questions about the reality of evil. We all have a role to play, and this issue begins with strengthening the bonds in our neighborhoods. I look forward to contributing to this discussion and working with my colleagues in Congress to address this important debate.

Thank you again for contacting with your thoughts. In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue or any other, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to increased mail security.

If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan
    Serving Wisconsin's 1st District
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I had brought up the fact that a criminal is not going to do a background check and that background checks are have a placebo effect (JPFO article).

Dear protias:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun control laws in America. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding this subject, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers remain with the families and friends of those affected by this unspeakable tragedy. At this trying time, we must show our sympathy, pray for and stand together with the people of Connecticut, as well as all the friends and loved ones of the victims and survivors.

I understand that there will be a national discussion about our gun laws and what actions could be taken to prevent such horrific crimes in the future. Nearly every parent's greatest concern is the safety of their children. The question policymakers should ask about gun-control measures is 'Do they work?' The President has called to reinstate a nationwide assault-weapons ban. But a similar ban was the law of the land for a decade, and it didn't stop tragic shootings. I have concerns with recycling the failed policies of the past—or simply tightening laws that are ineffective.

This is matter on which reasonable people often disagree. However, I believe we can work together to find answers that most importantly protect innocent lives, as well as constitutional rights, and at the same time find ways to stop unstable people from committing these incomprehensible crimes in the first place. The problem is comprehensive. It includes issues of mental illness, culture and crime, and deeper questions about the reality of evil. We all have a role to play, and this issue begins with strengthening the bonds in our neighborhoods. I look forward to contributing to this discussion and working with my colleagues in Congress to address this important debate.

Thank you again for contacting with your thoughts. In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue or any other, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to increased mail security.

If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan
    Serving Wisconsin's 1st District
    almost word for word response i got from him
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie