Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God, Guns and the Constitution

God, Guns and the Constitution

God, Guns, & the Constitution Townhall Meeting
    February 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Richmond Christian Center
    Richmond Christian Center - 214 Cowardin Ave - Richmond, VA 23224

The free, non-partisan town hall meetings, God, Guns & The Constitution, offer a forum for discussing the issues of faith, guns, and self-determination with respect to the Second Amendment. God, Guns & The Constitution seeks to bring these issues to the forefront of the nation's communities through public gatherings and a call-to-action. The goal is to arrive at proposed solutions to share with national, state and local representatives, as well as citizens.

Panelists include Rev. William Cook, Founder and Director of the Black Robe Regiment of Virginia; Dr. Steve Parson, Pastor of the Richmond Christian Center; and Bill Owens, Sr., of the Coalition of African American Pastors. The Town Hall's featured speakers are Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America; Attorney Patrick McSweeney of McSweeney & Crump, P.C.; Dr. Sam Gray of National Counseling Group; and, Rep. Joe Morrissey, VA House of Delegates (D - 74th district). Moderators are William Owens, Jr., for the God section, and former 3rd District congressional candidate, Dean Longo for the Guns and Constitutional section of the meeting.

http://godgunsconstitution.org/

Thanks and kudos to Larry Pratt for agreeing to walk into the lion's den. The roster of program participants does not indicate an even-handed distribution of those representing the two majority positions. The roster of program participants includes those who in the past have been known to not only vigoroursly but violently disagree with opposing ideas and those that express them.

As much as I would like to go and "show the colors" I'm not sure I want to watch what has all the earmarks of a bacon tree*.

stay safe.

* - old joke about a Western settler of Germanic extraction who could not remember the right word so warned the cavalry of a bacon tree ahead. ("Bacon tree, ham bush, what's the difference?" is the punchline, in case you could not figure it out.)
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The question is.........

Will Idiot Joe bring another "assault weapon" and will he "lose" it again?

That idiot in possession of any gun is scary!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Thanks and kudos to Larry Pratt for agreeing to walk into the lion's den. The roster of program participants does not indicate an even-handed distribution of those representing the two majority positions. The roster of program participants includes those who in the past have been known to not only vigoroursly but violently disagree with opposing ideas and those that express them.

As much as I would like to go and "show the colors" I'm not sure I want to watch what has all the earmarks of a bacon tree*.

stay safe.

* - old joke about a Western settler of Germanic extraction who could not remember the right word so warned the cavalry of a bacon tree ahead. ("Bacon tree, ham bush, what's the difference?" is the punchline, in case you could not figure it out.)
    I think the German immigrant might heard the story from a Mexican who, having been cut down by gunfire from hidden shooters, actually said: "Ees not a bacon tree, eet ees haambush."
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

I'm here at the event. It's getting ready to start. I'll give an update.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    I hope this is being taped---might we have the chance to hear it online? I wish I could have been there. Please do advise. Thanks!
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Oh my gosh! It was anything, but anti second amendment! There may have been 50 or so people, maybe 7-8 antis including G.I. Joe.

The racial make-up was about 50/50.

The gender make-up of black and white was about 50/50.

The preachers were very conservative about 2nd Amendment and about Constitution.

Get rid of all pre-concieved notions that are force fed to us about black churches being exclusive to the Democrat playbook. I did not hear one anti comment from any black folks in there. The minister was with out question on-point, articulate and a heck of a moderator.

The preachers were very conservative. The pastor of the Church is very conservative, his wife read the NBC clarification about Lanza using pistols and not a rifle, one of the antis lost his mind at that point; claiming that fact was a lie.

Goddard and Haas left early.

There was a young anti lady who asked had the floor moderator to ask a question about when we could use guns to shoot our political leaders because of this fraudulent election. That one was weird. It's like she was trying to goat the pro 2nd Amendment panel to say something about shooting political leaders. She was the same young lady that spoke first at the Times Dispatch Public Forum accusing the the person that put on the presentation about the definitions of certain guns "propoganda."

It was a bloodbath for Morrissey, Larry Pratt jumped in to him with both feet. No one from the audience was picking up what G.I. Joe was putting down. The only people that were really happy to see him was Haas and Goddard and that was before it started.

I'll post pictures later, again; big shock! Not anti 2nd Amendment at all, it was just the opposite.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

The young lady in the following picture had the floor moderator ask a question about the most recent election being an illegitimate/fraudulent election and about when is it time to start shooting politicians. A really weird question. My take is that she has an image of a dangerous cartoon caricature of a Tea Party supporter. I think she asked that question as a "gotcha" question, with the illusion that someone was going to piggyback on it and start talking about shooting politicians. That is the same young lady that got to speak first at the Times Dispatch Public Forum. She was totally obnoxious, insulted the presenter of a slideshow that did nothing but explain the different types of guns.

In this photograph you see a lady in red talking to another lady. That lady that the lady in red is talking to acted as if she was with some type of media. Asking questions and names, then writing it all down. Funny thing though, I only saw her talking to antis.

The Reverend.

The usual suspects.

My view.

The panel.

I think Larry Pratt and myself were believing that this would be much more about guns. He seemed very bored for a while and frustrated that he had to wait 1.5 hours before being able to participate in the discussion.

My question I think was an important question but I didn't articulate it well because my voice was shaky. But I do fear the use of "mental illness" as a condition that would enable government the authority to decide who and who can not have a firearm. It is a blank check that they will learn to use to take guns away from JUST ABOUT everyone.

The crowd was very mixed in demographics but mostly pro-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    The young lady in the following picture had the floor moderator ask a question about the most recent election being an illegitimate/fraudulent election and about when is it time to start shooting politicians. A really weird question. My take is that she has an image of a dangerous cartoon caricature of a Tea Party supporter. I think she asked that question as a "gotcha" question, with the illusion that someone was going to piggyback on it and start talking about shooting politicians. That is the same young lady that got to speak first at the Times Dispatch Public Forum. She was totally obnoxious, insulted the presenter of a slideshow that did nothing but explain the different types of guns.

She was trying to bait one of the panelists into saying something on video that she/they could use to label the panelist and collectively all gun owners as extreme. It was a very nice try on her part but I don't think she got the answer she was hoping for....

Anti-gun Girl trying to Bait Panelists

Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-03-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Fixed title - changed Bain to Bait

Virginia Delegate Joe Morrissey Suggests that RIGHTS must be REGULATED

Larry Pratt on Gun Free Zones

Last edited by richarcm; 02-05-2013 at 01:29 AM.

[QUOTE My question I think was an important question but I didn't articulate it well because my voice was shaky. But I do fear the use of "mental illness" as a condition that would enable government the authority to decide who and who can not have a firearm. It is a blank check that they will learn to use to take guns away from JUST ABOUT everyone. [/QUOTE]

I fully share your concerns. The psychiatric hospitals of the old USSR were full of political "undesirables". We should be very careful what we wish for or articulate as a "solution" to violence, it could come back to haunt us.

Forum examines gun issues through the prism of religion

Without a moral compass, gun-control is meaningless, because it's really about self-control:

Many see morals as critical issue, not firearms
    Questions and comments from the audience of about 30 people tended to agree with Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, and Dennis Fusaro, former chairman of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, that the problem is a lack of moral values instead of a proliferation of guns.

“We have permitted as a Christian community for laws to be forced on us and have not drawn a line in the sand,” William Owens Jr., leader of Warriors Arise! Ministries, said during a discussion of religion in schools.

Del. Joseph D. Morrissey, D-Henrico, offered a dissenting voice on many of the issues. Limitations on rights are part of society, Morrissey said.

God, Guns and the Constitution

Thanks for the video!
    Chance favors only the prepared mind.

Louis Pasteur

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by richarcm View Post
    She was trying to bait one of the panelists into saying something on video that she/they could use to label the panelist and collectively all gun owners as extreme. It was a very nice try on her part but I don't think she got the answer she was hoping for....
    She's the same one who confronted me last week at the T-D event.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    She's the same one who confronted me last week at the T-D event.
    Anyone know her name?

Joe looks seriously stressed...,

like he needs some duct tape for his head. Sorry Joe, I'm all out right now, thanks to you and your shenanigans.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by richarcm View Post
    Anyone know her name?
    I asked around she is a professor at VCU. Her name is Catherine Koebel. I hear, though I don't know for certain that she is divorced/separated and has used two different names. I talked to someone that tried to be nice to her, introduce himself and offer his hand (to shake) and he said she started shaking and wouldn't acknowledge him.

I myself have tried to befriend and have a dialogue with antis on stuff not even gun related. To me it was something important, so that I don't forget that they are people just like me; however my experience has taught me that antis just don't care about that. They hate us. They have proven to me to be dishonest, irrational, mean-spirited and just plain ugly towards anyone they don't agree with. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but sometimes its best to experience first hand.

She is obviously dangerous, possibly to herself and others. Every time I see her (twice) she looks to be on the brink of an extreme nervous breakdown.

Catherine Koebel is currently teaching at W&M. She was Post Doc. at VCU but is no longer listed on their Faculty/Staff directory.

http://www.wm.edu/as/biology/people/...y/koebel_c.php

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    I asked around she is a professor at VCU. Her name is Catherine Koebel. I hear, though I don't know for certain that she is divorced/separated and has used two different names. I talked to someone that tried to be nice to her, introduce himself and offer his hand (to shake) and he said she started shaking and wouldn't acknowledge him.

I myself have tried to befriend and have a dialogue with antis on stuff not even gun related. To me it was something important, so that I don't forget that they are people just like me; however my experience has taught me that antis just don't care about that. They hate us. They have proven to me to be dishonest, irrational, mean-spirited and just plain ugly towards anyone they don't agree with. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but sometimes its best to experience first hand.

She is obviously dangerous, possibly to herself and others. Every time I see her (twice) she looks to be on the brink of an extreme nervous breakdown.
    Her name is Catherine Koebel. I talked to someone that tried to be nice to her, introduce himself and offer his hand (to shake) and he said she started shaking and wouldn't acknowledge him.

She looks a bit dangerous:

My name is Catherine Koebel: I'm pointing at you -- brandishing my attitude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast