• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

God, Guns and the Constitution

sidestreet

Joe looks seriously stressed...,

like he needs some duct tape for his head. Sorry Joe, I'm all out right now, thanks to you and your shenanigans. :(

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Anyone know her name?

I asked around she is a professor at VCU. Her name is Catherine Koebel. I hear, though I don't know for certain that she is divorced/separated and has used two different names. I talked to someone that tried to be nice to her, introduce himself and offer his hand (to shake) and he said she started shaking and wouldn't acknowledge him.

I myself have tried to befriend and have a dialogue with antis on stuff not even gun related. To me it was something important, so that I don't forget that they are people just like me; however my experience has taught me that antis just don't care about that. They hate us. They have proven to me to be dishonest, irrational, mean-spirited and just plain ugly towards anyone they don't agree with. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but sometimes its best to experience first hand.

She is obviously dangerous, possibly to herself and others. Every time I see her (twice) she looks to be on the brink of an extreme nervous breakdown.

Repeater

I asked around she is a professor at VCU. Her name is Catherine Koebel. I hear, though I don't know for certain that she is divorced/separated and has used two different names. I talked to someone that tried to be nice to her, introduce himself and offer his hand (to shake) and he said she started shaking and wouldn't acknowledge him.

I myself have tried to befriend and have a dialogue with antis on stuff not even gun related. To me it was something important, so that I don't forget that they are people just like me; however my experience has taught me that antis just don't care about that. They hate us. They have proven to me to be dishonest, irrational, mean-spirited and just plain ugly towards anyone they don't agree with. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but sometimes its best to experience first hand.

She is obviously dangerous, possibly to herself and others. Every time I see her (twice) she looks to be on the brink of an extreme nervous breakdown.

Her name is Catherine Koebel. I talked to someone that tried to be nice to her, introduce himself and offer his hand (to shake) and he said she started shaking and wouldn't acknowledge him.

She looks a bit dangerous:

5115a4b0850f7.image.jpg

[size=+2]My name is Catherine Koebel: I'm pointing at you -- brandishing my attitude[/size]

Repeater

Having a "civil conversation"

Well, that's what the RTD claims anyway:

Spirited, civil conversation about guns

Catherine Koebel, Richmond:
The state of our current laws means that the person selling me a gun, in this state, does not need to have any idea who I am. If I can pass a background check. And I want to know, how long is it before someone who isn’t even a citizen, who is on the terrorist watch list, pays up to $2,000 for one of the three Bushmaster rifles, which is now currently available in Richmond, for sale (online)? Only for the low price of eight, 1600, or $2000. You, too, can have a Bushmaster AR-15. How long before someone — a non-citizen, with no Second Amendment rights — who’s on the terrorist watch list, ponies up that $2,000 and enters my child’s day care? Why should paranoia and fears of a federally elected government leave our children vulnerable to terrorists, criminals and the mentally unfit?

[size=+3]Yes! You too have can a Bushmaster for the low low price ...[/size]

But wait, there's more ....

Paul Henick, Chesterfield:
The Supreme Court has said in five different opinions that the police have absolutely no obligation to protect me. Their job is to come out after a crime is committed, draw some chalk lines around my dead body, collect evidence and try to figure out whodunit. And then see if they can get that person to trial, and convict them and put them away. I don’t want to be a dead body on the street with the police drawing a chalk line around me, if I can do something on my own. Take responsibility for my own safety, within the constraints and limitations of the law. And this is what’s being taken away from me. I’m being left helpless.

Gee, who wants to be left helpless?