• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went out on a date tonight.

CharleyCherokee

It's Friday and payday so I took my wife out on a little date. Nothing fancy or anything. While I was out I decided I would do some sight-seeing. I stopped by the courthouse and noticed that they removed their old KAR gun sign and replaced it with a fancy new lamenated sign that says :

All deadly and other weapons prohibited.

It cites KRS 237.115(2) and Judicial Administrative order April 20, 2010 as it's authority. Needless to say I got a chuckle from this as I was (from a distance) suprised that they removed the old sign, but suprised upclose by their new "fancy" lamenated sign.

ps1mhd

THis is for CC only.
Except as provided in KRS 527.020, the legislative body of a state, city, county, or urban-county government may, by statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance, prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government. That portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highway rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of deadly weapons. The statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building, and if employees of the unit of government, be subject to employee disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute or ordinance. The provisions of this section shall not be deemed to be a violation of KRS 65.870 if the requirements of this section are followed. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any other unit of government.

Is the BLDG courts and court offices only?
It says by licensees So if you don't have a licenses you can:lol:

Mike

Sundiver

THis is for CC only.
Except as provided in KRS 527.020, the legislative body of a state, city, county, or urban-county government may, by statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance, prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government. That portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highway rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of deadly weapons. The statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building, and if employees of the unit of government, be subject to employee disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute or ordinance. The provisions of this section shall not be deemed to be a violation of KRS 65.870 if the requirements of this section are followed. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any other unit of government.

Is the BLDG courts and court offices only?
It says by licensees So if you don't have a licenses you can:lol:

Mike

So, in essence they're encouraging the open carry they've so strongly opposed by telling us we can't carry concealed now thus forcing us to OC.

CharleyCherokee

No. They're "bullshitting" trying to prevent all carry of weapons. This court house isn't solely occupied by the court of justice, but the judge that wrote the order doesn't want to hear ANY of it. The sheriff isn't too helpful either. I was told I would be arrested for walking in there with a firearm. This is even though the judicial order says that those with firearms will be asked to put it away in their car.

Fallschirjmäger

"Well, if you're going to arrest me, then I'll have your name on a nice, official piece of paper and no one can say 'this never happened', or that I was not injured as a result of your actions."

ps1mhd

Mike,
You didn't read it closely enough. The sign says, "All deadly and other weapons prohibited." Doesn't limit the prohibition to concealed weapons.
]

The sign cites KRS 237.115(2) which is CC.

You did read this one right, but if you don't have a license, its a violation of KRS 527.020 and still illegal.

I know just making a joke. See the smiley face?