• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTF is with Glock banning sale of BLUEGUNS to the public?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.blueguns.com/default.asp

GLOCKS ARE BACK!
Glock has recently issued a New Contract with Ring's Manufacturing Inc. (BLUEGUNS) to manufacture Glock Blueguns as we have been doing for the past 10 years. This new contract states that Glock restricts the sale of Glock Blueguns to the Public. We are restricted to selling Glock Blueguns to the Police, Military, Trainers, Police Distributors, or Holster Manufacturers. We ask that our customers abide by these rules and refrain from offering Glock Blueguns to the Public on the Internet, Publications or General Catalogs. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your support.
[emphasis added]

So Glock does not want the public to have fully-unfunctional training props. Why?

Shades of Larry Correia and H&K http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This will have no effect with ffls selling the product to whoever they like.

I imagine its a production qty issue ..

The gun man. want to stay on the good side of LEO ... why? I have no idea.

nonameisgood

Yeah, because there's a bottle neck in molding plastic, and they don't have any desire to sell every one they can churn out.

The real statement here is "if we say you can't have it, you will want it and find a way to get it, so we sell more at a higher price"