Thread: Help for a visitor?

Help for a visitor?

Not precisely OC related, but definitely gun related. I'm temporarily in NC for a while and wanted to visit a gun show or two. Greenville is closest for me and I see they have one next weekend. Raleigh is further but doable and I see they have a show the weekend after Greenville. I attended the show in Greenville in last year and it was a pretty small show. Is the Raleigh show bigger? Worth the extra drive?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnedknuckles View Post
    Not precisely OC related, but definitely gun related. I'm temporarily in NC for a while and wanted to visit a gun show or two. Greenville is closest for me and I see they have one next weekend. Raleigh is further but doable and I see they have a show the weekend after Greenville. I attended the show in Greenville in last year and it was a pretty small show. Is the Raleigh show bigger? Worth the extra drive?

Thanks.
    Yes, the Raleigh one is much bigger, especially if it's a Dixie one. Even the C&E one will be bigger though.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    Yes, the Raleigh one is much bigger, especially if it's a Dixie one. Even the C&E one will be bigger though.
    This is apparenly a C&E/Showmasters show. Maybe I'll do both. Life is tough that way. Thanks for the info. Assuming because of the recent ND at the Dixie show, they are adding extrra requirements about loaded guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnedknuckles View Post
    This is apparenly a C&E/Showmasters show. Maybe I'll do both. Life is tough that way. Thanks for the info. Assuming because of the recent ND at the Dixie show, they are adding extrra requirements about loaded guns.

No extra requirements; loaded guns are not allowed. Just have it unloaded before you go in; security will zip tie it.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 02-03-2013 at 10:56 AM.

as weather has improved and if you have time the drive down 13 to fayettville to their show is outstanding...

enjoy your stay

wabbit
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 02-03-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    No extra requirements; loaded guns are not allowed. Just have it unloaded before you go in; security will zip tie it.
    Announced at the guns show Saturday. If going to Raleigh gun show with a firearm, signs will direct you to a parking lot just for you. The will be a different door that you will have to use. More security restriction on dealers. If guns are not under glass they have to be cabled together, tie wraped so a mag can't be inserted and a few other things.

Help for a visitor?

So open carry not going to be allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep calm and carry a firearm.

open carry IS allowed but your firearm will be zip tied in an open chamber position and in a manner that a magazine can not be inserted

Ammo Available?

Do the vendors have any stock ammo and reloading supplies at the gun shows?

I'm particularly interested in .45 Long Colt target ammo.

Also, I'm looking for Small Pistol Primers.

I'd hate to drive to Raleigh (or even Greenville) just to find empty shelves.

Thanks for your help.