Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event: Gun Buyback Lansing Feb 9th

Event: Gun Buyback Lansing Feb 9th

An opportunity to purchase firearms for as little as $50 cash.

IF anyone is interested in attending, i would like to announce that a group of us will be staging near the church at KFC about 930 am. KFC: 3220 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Lansing, MI

If interested in attending, please bring a sign and cash. We will likely be standing/walking on the sidewalk in front of the church.

*REMEMBER* PROPER MUZZLE CONTROL AT ALL TIMES! SAFETY FIRST
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Centurion

I mentioned in the other post, Pictures and a report would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post

An opportunity to purchase firearms for as little as $50 cash.

IF anyone is interested in attending, i would like to announce that a group of us will be staging near the church at KFC about 930 am. KFC: 3220 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Lansing, MI

If interested in attending, please bring a sign and cash. We will likely be standing/walking on the sidewalk in front of the church.

*REMEMBER* PROPER MUZZLE CONTROL AT ALL TIMES! SAFETY FIRST
    I will be glad to write up an article and post it if someone will send me a report.

ill be going, hopefully buying this time but since im looking to move to a larger place in the next few weeks......you know how women are when you try and spend your own money when they want to spend it first
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Re: Event: Gun Buyback Lansing Feb 9th

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    ill be going, hopefully buying this time but since im looking to move to a larger place in the next few weeks......you know how women are when you try and spend your own money when they want to spend it first
    Uhm... lil you must really like sleeping on the couch. Women have a way of keeping tabs on us. She will most likely find this post.

Hope you get a nice firearm at this event. MrMike40cal got a nice (pretty much new ruger 9mm). At the last Detroit buy back. So there are some good deals if one is in the right place at the right time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Girlfriend texted me yesterday and said "My cell phone bill is due, good thing today is pay day!"

Now, that would normally be just fine, except for the fact that I'm the one who gets paid on Fridays

I'm going to try my best to make it there, I have to be at the Loco in downtown Detroit to take my mom and her boyfriend to lunch that day around 1-ish so maybe I'll get some good stuff within the hour or two I'll be able to stay.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

You guys have weird relations with your women folk. I own the house and my wife pays me rent.
    Last edited by TheQ; 02-02-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

no ive a cot that is very comfy with my sleeping pad, better than the couch since it has a gun rack =)

im looking for new carry pistol if possible. sigma or an older glock or something, and as always...10/22's, sks, AK, AR...carbines, all the fun, useful stuff.
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 02-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    You guys have weird relations with your women folk. I own the house and my wife pays me rent.
    I always get that backwards- I own the house, and I pay HER rent......
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    I always get that backwards- I own the house, and I pay HER rent......
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

I'm interested, and would love to come, however my car was wrecked, and I'm stuck to walking distance from Eastpointe.

WILX notified. They seem interested in our counter "buyback".
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

If interested in attending, please bring a sign and cash.
    I would also suggest bringing a current book of gun values. This provides a great opportunity to rephrase the narrative of "getting guns off the street" as anti-rights supporters wish to describe the event.

Much better to phrase it as "ripping off the citizens" event.

When the media begins to describe "getting guns off the street", you can easily show people standing in line how badly they're getting screwed and spotlight the entire program as the public ripoff it is.

"Excuse me ma'am Did you know if you take that Singer 1911 you're holding to the gun store, they'll give you more than the $50 the cops are handing out?"

Wouldn't spotlighting how badly the "authorities" are screwing little old ladies using the public's own tax dollars be a wonderful thing for the entire city to watch on Channel 5 that evening?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    I would also suggest bringing a current book of gun values. This provides a great opportunity to rephrase the narrative of "getting guns off the street" as anti-rights supporters wish to describe the event.

Much better to phrase it as "ripping off the citizens" event.

When the media begins to describe "getting guns off the street", you can easily show people standing in line how badly they're getting screwed and spotlight the entire program as the public ripoff it is.

"Excuse me ma'am Did you know if you take that Singer 1911 you're holding to the gun store, they'll give you more than the $50 the cops are handing out?"

Wouldn't spotlighting how badly the "authorities" are screwing little old ladies using the public's own tax dollars be a wonderful thing for the entire city to watch on Channel 5 that evening?
    Great idea! Also given the chance - one of our wise spokespersons (Hint Q) should point out that when police have been asked in the past how these events reduce gun violence/crime as they claim - they have not been able to produce any evidence that they do. Why? Because criminals don't turn in guns - just law abiding citizens like the little old ladies and others that have been duped into it by our officials/media etc.. who would have used them in lawful self defense. So in reallity the police are leaving those who need protection the most to the wolves! Nice...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    I called Officer Merritt ... Any questions can be refered to Officer Merritt at (517) 483-4805 from website

They cannot spell obviously (what they hey, they are only HS graduates for C sake)...

Asked him if they'll accept pipe bombs, smoke bombs, other explosive devices ... he said no...only guns.

So, keep your bombs boys !

too bad....ive a bunch of binary explosives(that is, my personal recipe on tannerite) i was gonna turn in at $50 per half pound.

for those interested, there is also a gun show in the lansing area in mason at the ingham co. fairgrounds this weekend, you can buy your guns for super cheap and then spend the money you saved on the guns on accessories and ammo, they are open till 6pm saturday.

there is also another gun rally at the capitol building friday before the buyback and gunshow.

too bad....ive a bunch of binary explosives(that is, my personal recipe on tannerite) i was gonna turn in at $50 per half pound.

for those interested, there is also a gun show in the lansing area in mason at the ingham co. fairgrounds this weekend, you can buy your guns for super cheap and then spend the money you saved on the guns on accessories and ammo, they are open till 6pm saturday.

there is also another gun rally at the capitol building friday before the buyback and gunshow.

You mean -- the gun show that doesn't allow the lawful loaded carry of a firearm?

I'll pass.

You mean -- the gun show that doesn't allow the lawful loaded carry of a firearm?

I'll pass.
    Good on you! We owe it to ourselves to avoid Fuddapaloozas like that, unless, of course, you're a fudd or a looza....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Good on you! We owe it to ourselves to avoid Fuddapaloozas like that, unless, of course, you're a fudd or a looza....
    Hey - I resemble that remark! Now be very, very quiet...

I'll pass.
    That's every gun show I've ever been to, including knob creek Kentucky.
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 02-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Im deciding to go sunday, taking my woman and then her aunt(whom is only 5 years older, apparently her grandparents had fun to a ripe age) and her fiance...she is new to guns and wants to look around and get a feel for her first one.
    plus i am well beyond critically low on all ammunition...and the stores are out completely and im not paying 300% markup on MGO, im pretty sure most of it will be gone on sunday but i need at least a box for everything. i had a new shooter that wanted to learn and i could not say no to her, now i have the lowest amount of ammo for my guns ive had since i was 15....

Lightbulb

Im deciding to go sunday, taking my woman and then her aunt(whom is only 5 years older, apparently her grandparents had fun to a ripe age) and her fiance...she is new to guns and wants to look around and get a feel for her first one.
    plus i am well beyond critically low on all ammunition...and the stores are out completely and im not paying 300% markup on MGO, im pretty sure most of it will be gone on sunday but i need at least a box for everything. i had a new shooter that wanted to learn and i could not say no to her, now i have the lowest amount of ammo for my guns ive had since i was 15....
    Ain't that the truth!

On topic - at the gun buy back - if you ask the person who is selling the firearm - they often do have ammo too, they are just too afraid to have it anywhere near the gun(s). When my father-in law passed away his wife could not wait to get rid of his guns. I asked what are you afraid of - they are not loaded right? She said not to her knowledge. I quickly followed with - most likely there's not even any ammo for them in the house, is there? She said oh yes there in the spare room away from where he kept the guns in a storage box. Moral of the story - never hurts to ask. You may save some money on ammo too, if you're savvy. You may have to meet up with them after the gun deal somewhere but it still can be worth it depending on how much or little they want for ammo and how much they have.

That's every gun show I've ever been to, including knob creek Kentucky.
    So? How does that make it 'OK'? If they all did body cavity searches before you could go in, would that be 'OK'?

But, there is one outfit in Michigan that does gun shows, AND allows lawful carry.

Be an informed shopper

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    So any good deals?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Centurion

Looking for information and Pictures from the Lansing gun "buyback" turn in

Sounds as though people had a good time. Any pictures that I can use? Notes?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    Sounds as though people had a good time. Any pictures that I can use? Notes?
    Might want to ask on this site. http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...220795&page=11
    Last edited by Venator; 02-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast