• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Event: Gun Buyback Lansing Feb 9th

lapeer20m

An opportunity to purchase firearms for as little as $50 cash.

IF anyone is interested in attending, i would like to announce that a group of us will be staging near the church at KFC about 930 am. KFC: 3220 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Lansing, MI

If interested in attending, please bring a sign and cash. We will likely be standing/walking on the sidewalk in front of the church.

*REMEMBER* PROPER MUZZLE CONTROL AT ALL TIMES! SAFETY FIRST

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I mentioned in the other post, Pictures and a report would be nice

An opportunity to purchase firearms for as little as $50 cash.

IF anyone is interested in attending, i would like to announce that a group of us will be staging near the church at KFC about 930 am. KFC: 3220 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Lansing, MI

If interested in attending, please bring a sign and cash. We will likely be standing/walking on the sidewalk in front of the church.

*REMEMBER* PROPER MUZZLE CONTROL AT ALL TIMES! SAFETY FIRST

I will be glad to write up an article and post it if someone will send me a report.

lil_freak_66

ill be going, hopefully buying this time but since im looking to move to a larger place in the next few weeks......you know how women are when you try and spend your own money when they want to spend it first

FreeInAZ

ill be going, hopefully buying this time but since im looking to move to a larger place in the next few weeks......you know how women are when you try and spend your own money when they want to spend it first

Uhm... lil you must really like sleeping on the couch. Women have a way of keeping tabs on us. She will most likely find this post.:rolleyes:

Hope you get a nice firearm at this event. MrMike40cal got a nice (pretty much new ruger 9mm). At the last Detroit buy back. So there are some good deals if one is in the right place at the right time. :D

MikeTheGreek

Girlfriend texted me yesterday and said "My cell phone bill is due, good thing today is pay day!"

Now, that would normally be just fine, except for the fact that I'm the one who gets paid on Fridays :uhoh:

I'm going to try my best to make it there, I have to be at the Loco in downtown Detroit to take my mom and her boyfriend to lunch that day around 1-ish so maybe I'll get some good stuff within the hour or two I'll be able to stay.

TheQ

You guys have weird relations with your women folk. I own the house and my wife pays me rent.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

no ive a cot that is very comfy with my sleeping pad, better than the couch since it has a gun rack =)

im looking for new carry pistol if possible. sigma or an older glock or something, and as always...10/22's, sks, AK, AR...carbines, all the fun, useful stuff.

Last edited:

HKcarrier

I always get that backwards- I own the house, and I pay HER rent......

bush_doing_it_wrong_1.jpg

Superlite27

If interested in attending, please bring a sign and cash.

I would also suggest bringing a current book of gun values. This provides a great opportunity to rephrase the narrative of "getting guns off the street" as anti-rights supporters wish to describe the event.

Much better to phrase it as "ripping off the citizens" event.

When the media begins to describe "getting guns off the street", you can easily show people standing in line how badly they're getting screwed and spotlight the entire program as the public ripoff it is.

"Excuse me ma'am Did you know if you take that Singer 1911 you're holding to the gun store, they'll give you more than the $50 the cops are handing out?"

Wouldn't spotlighting how badly the "authorities" are screwing little old ladies using the public's own tax dollars be a wonderful thing for the entire city to watch on Channel 5 that evening?

FreeInAZ

I would also suggest bringing a current book of gun values. This provides a great opportunity to rephrase the narrative of "getting guns off the street" as anti-rights supporters wish to describe the event.

Much better to phrase it as "ripping off the citizens" event.

When the media begins to describe "getting guns off the street", you can easily show people standing in line how badly they're getting screwed and spotlight the entire program as the public ripoff it is.

"Excuse me ma'am Did you know if you take that Singer 1911 you're holding to the gun store, they'll give you more than the $50 the cops are handing out?"

Wouldn't spotlighting how badly the "authorities" are screwing little old ladies using the public's own tax dollars be a wonderful thing for the entire city to watch on Channel 5 that evening?

Great idea! Also given the chance - one of our wise spokespersons (Hint Q) should point out that when police have been asked in the past how these events reduce gun violence/crime as they claim - they have not been able to produce any evidence that they do. Why? Because criminals don't turn in guns - just law abiding citizens like the little old ladies and others that have been duped into it by our officials/media etc.. who would have used them in lawful self defense. So in reallity the police are leaving those who need protection the most to the wolves! Nice...:eek:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I called Officer Merritt ... Any questions can be refered to Officer Merritt at (517) 483-4805 from website

They cannot spell obviously (what they hey, they are only HS graduates for C sake)...

Asked him if they'll accept pipe bombs, smoke bombs, other explosive devices ... he said no...only guns.

So, keep your bombs boys !

lil_freak_66

too bad....ive a bunch of binary explosives(that is, my personal recipe on tannerite) i was gonna turn in at $50 per half pound.

for those interested, there is also a gun show in the lansing area in mason at the ingham co. fairgrounds this weekend, you can buy your guns for super cheap and then spend the money you saved on the guns on accessories and ammo, they are open till 6pm saturday.

there is also another gun rally at the capitol building friday before the buyback and gunshow.

TheQ

too bad....ive a bunch of binary explosives(that is, my personal recipe on tannerite) i was gonna turn in at $50 per half pound.

for those interested, there is also a gun show in the lansing area in mason at the ingham co. fairgrounds this weekend, you can buy your guns for super cheap and then spend the money you saved on the guns on accessories and ammo, they are open till 6pm saturday.

there is also another gun rally at the capitol building friday before the buyback and gunshow.

You mean -- the gun show that doesn't allow the lawful loaded carry of a firearm?

I'll pass.

FreeInAZ

Good on you! We owe it to ourselves to avoid Fuddapaloozas like that, unless, of course, you're a fudd or a looza....

Hey - I resemble that remark! Now be very, very quiet...

[video=youtube;OiEUDzIrEQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEUDzIrEQE[/video]

lil_freak_66

Im deciding to go sunday, taking my woman and then her aunt(whom is only 5 years older, apparently her grandparents had fun to a ripe age) and her fiance...she is new to guns and wants to look around and get a feel for her first one.
plus i am well beyond critically low on all ammunition...and the stores are out completely and im not paying 300% markup on MGO, im pretty sure most of it will be gone on sunday but i need at least a box for everything. i had a new shooter that wanted to learn and i could not say no to her, now i have the lowest amount of ammo for my guns ive had since i was 15....