• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois resident OC in KY?

ILARNG11B

Hello all, this is my first post on this site and I have a few questions about an upcoming drive through your great state. I am going to be in KY for a few days, and I'd like to legally OC my Glock in a paddle holster. I have a current military ID, and obviously, no felony convictions. I do not have a CCW, as Illinois does not issue them:uhoh:. Would there be any issues as far as OC'ing in KY? Any places to avoid? Any restrictions? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!:dude:

self preservation

Hello all, this is my first post on this site and I have a few questions about an upcoming drive through your great state. I am going to be in KY for a few days, and I'd like to legally OC my Glock in a paddle holster. I have a current military ID, and obviously, no felony convictions. I do not have a CCW, as Illinois does not issue them:uhoh:. Would there be any issues as far as OC'ing in KY? Any places to avoid? Any restrictions? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!:dude:

When you come to KY you're coming to the land of the free. Not like IL. Your Military ID is great and all but I can't see you needing it for anything. You are free to OC in KY with no permit at all. Of course the same Federal laws apply here the same they do everywhere. If you really want to review our laws go to the top of the KY forum under "KY gun laws" and read away. Carry on. (in Kentucky at least)

Last edited:

ILARNG11B

Awesome!

This is very reassuring! Is OC fairly commonplace in KY? Will I get weird looks from passerby, or is it widely accepted? And what are the odds of getting hassled by LEOs? Please forgive me for being cautious, my home state of IL is pretty wacky. Thanks!

flb_78

Howdy, What part of Illinois are you from? Im originally from Effingham County.

What part of Kentucky will you be in?

Kentucky is very gun friendly.

ILARNG11B

Chicago, unfortunately. Ownership alone is considered criminal here. Luckily, the 7th US Appeals Court found IL's lack of CC to be unconstitutional. Until then, I'll envy your state:banana:. I'll be around Louisville, but not for as long as I originally thought. In fact, only about 5 hours sadly. I'm traveling through KY to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. On that note, I'll be passing through TN, AL, MS, and then LA. Are those states good as well?

self preservation

Chicago, unfortunately. Ownership alone is considered criminal here. Luckily, the 7th US Appeals Court found IL's lack of CC to be unconstitutional. Until then, I'll envy your state:banana:. I'll be around Louisville, but not for as long as I originally thought. In fact, only about 5 hours sadly. I'm traveling through KY to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. On that note, I'll be passing through TN, AL, MS, and then LA. Are those states good as well?

No idea about the other states. I know the laws vary between them but I dont know details.