Thread: Obama shoots skeet??

Obama shoots skeet??

What's wrong with this picture?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ObamaSkeet.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	9956
    The above photo strikes me as "staged" - in the most common sense of that word's usage. From what I see, he looks like someone who has never fired a long gun of any kind in his life. His stance is not aggressive, his right hand looks awkwardly positioned, and unless he's shooting a clay 6 feet after leaving the "low house" his barrel should have more elevation. I suppose it could be because he's a leftie (in every sense of the word), and I haven't really paid any attention to the shooting styles of that many southpaws - but, his general appearance (to me, anyway) is that of someone unfamiliar with shooting a shotgun (the shotgun itself even has that wussy barrel porting). The photo looks like somebody physically (and poorly) arranged him for the photo op. Or is it just me? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post

The above photo strikes me as "staged" - in the most common sense of that word's usage. From what I see, he looks like someone who has never fired a long gun of any kind in his life. His stance is not aggressive, his right hand looks awkwardly positioned, and unless he's shooting a clay 6 feet after leaving the "low house" his barrel should have more elevation. I suppose it could be because he's a leftie (in every sense of the word), and I haven't really paid any attention to the shooting styles of that many southpaws - but, his general appearance (to me, anyway) is that of someone unfamiliar with shooting a shotgun (the shotgun itself even has that wussy barrel porting). The photo looks like somebody physically (and poorly) arranged him for the photo op. Or is it just me? Pax...
    Dont you all know the 2A is about skeet shooting? Everything this ass hat does is calculated.

Most folks I know do not wear their watch on the wrist of their primary hand. Meaning Right handers generally wear on left wrist, Left handers generally on right wrist.
    Makes me wonder if this is a staged photo-op with a stand-in and they took advantage of the #1 MDI being a lefty to hide the face of a right-hander. Would also explain why this person looks so awkward in this picture.

Besides, is that second gas discharge an indication of a cracked barrel?
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    Besides, is that second gas discharge an indication of a cracked barrel?
    Look closely and you can see the porting on both barrels-that's where the gas discharge is coming from. My brother-in-law is big into skeet and has a Browning over-under with the same porting arrangement.

Aside from that, I agree with the opinions that it very much appears to be staged.
    Last edited by bunnspecial; 02-02-2013 at 08:50 PM.

The barrel appears to have porting of some type. Heck, just imagine how much better off the country would have been if there had been a catastrophic failure and "Dear Leader" was prematurely removed from the world as Andrew Breitbart (and his coroner Michael Cormier), Keith Ratliff, John Noveske and Aaron Swartz were. The latter list starts to read like a Tom Clancy novel when you add in the peculiar timings of each of their deaths with surrounding events - ie about the release damning evidence against Obama the candidate, prominent firearms rights figures dieing within days of each other while an "assault weapon" ban and testimony are being presented.

Obama shoots skeet like Putin knits sweaters. Now his counter part and comrade in crime Putin, you can believe it when he shoulders a gun he knows and enjoys what he's doing.

Where is that picture from?

Why does the upper barrel have an extended chock, and not the lower one?

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Where is that picture from?

Why does the upper barrel have an extended chock, and not the lower one?
    Is it an over/under?

As far as the picture, it is one that the White House Press has released. It has been on the televised news too.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Snip
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    Is it an over/under?
    It is.

I'm a lefty and I wear my watch on my left hand (just feels natural) so I wouldn't say that's reason enough to think its fake/staged. Though when I first looked at it "something" did seem off but I don't know what it is. One thing I noticed is that his support hand seems in an odd/unnatural position but that's the only thing I could actually put my finger on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I'm a lefty and I wear my watch on my left hand (just feels natural) so I wouldn't say that's reason enough to think its fake/staged. Though when I first looked at it "something" did seem off but I don't know what it is. One thing I noticed is that his support hand seems in an odd/unnatural position but that's the only thing I could actually put my finger on.
    I guess I'm just dating myself.. there weren't battery operated watches as I was growing up, not till after I had graduated HS, and winding one generally was easier with the primary hand. Now, I guess that with long life battery operated watches, it doesn't really matter. I also went looking back through archive footage and see the #1 MDI wearing it on his left most any shot where you can see his wrists and arms.

Obama shoots skeet??

There is a problem with the timeline. The New York Times is reporting this picture was taken on on August 4, 2012, which was his 51st birthday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/us...draw-fire.html

However, the news articles from then state he was golfing. Not a single one mentions skeet shooting in them.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UQ4eZ4e9LCQ

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1741215.html

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1129063

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...20804?irpc=932

He golfed and then went to Camp David at night. No skeet shooting ever mentioned and the lighting to the photo suggests a daytime photo-op, not nighttime.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    There is a problem with the timeline. The New York Times is reporting this picture was taken on on August 4, 2012, which was his 51st birthday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/us...draw-fire.html

However, the news articles from then state he was golfing. Not a single one mentions skeet shooting in them.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UQ4eZ4e9LCQ

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1741215.html

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1129063

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...20804?irpc=932

He golfed and then went to Camp David at night. No skeet shooting ever mentioned and the lighting to the photo suggests a daytime photo-op, not nighttime.

Interesting.
    Agreed, but simply he is playing politics. If people claimed he never really cared about the poor and homeless they would have video or a photo of him at a soup kitchen. Yet he is not the worst politician in handling a firearm, at least he was not looking down the business end of the barrel.

So, comparatively speaking, Obama’s photo op isn’t that bad. Sure, as somebody noted on Twitter Obama isn’t going to hit jack or sh*t by focusing on the gun barrel, and he’s pretty much begging for a nasty shoulder bruise by not having any padding there, but at least I’m not saying Get that gun away from that idjit before he hurts somebody with it. Swear to God, but it seems like the people who we need the most gun control over would be Democratic politicians mugging for the camera.
    http://moelane.com/2013/02/02/barack...keet-shooting/
    Last edited by zack991; 02-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

White House sends out more photos.

More photos have been discovered from Camp David. I do not take credit for any of these.

Obama has started his own gun company that he says will stop all gun violence and promote love and peace.

Last edited by zack991; 02-03-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    More photos have been discovered from Camp David. I do not take credit for any of these.

EDIT: Images removed from response to cut down thread size

Obama has started his own gun company that he says will stop all gun violence and promote love and peace.

Hey, don't you realize that the statement the White House released makes those picture modifications illegal!? You're going to get us all in trouble for practicing our 1st A Rights.... *Sarcasm Sign*

On AboveTopSecret they actually removed all of the photos that were modified lol. What a joke of a site.

Missed a photo, woops....
    Last edited by Tolerance; 02-04-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Missed a photo

And we witness the birth of a new conspiracy meme, the "skeeters".

Quote Originally Posted by Tolerance View Post
    Hey, don't you realize that the statement the White House released makes those picture modifications illegal!? You're going to get us all in trouble for practicing our 1st A Rights.... *Sarcasm Sign*

On AboveTopSecret they actually removed all of the photos that were modified lol. What a joke of a site.

Missed a photo, woops....
    Nope. Falls under the following. Lol just incase we have people here that dont know the law.
    http://www.copyright.gov/title17

One of the rights accorded to the owner of copyright is the right to reproduce or to authorize others to reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords. This right is subject to certain limitations found in sections 107 through 118 of the copyright law (title 17, U. S. Code). One of the more important limitations is the doctrine of “fair use.” The doctrine of fair use has developed through a substantial number of court decisions over the years and has been codified in section 107 of the copyright law.

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair.

The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
    The nature of the copyrighted work
    The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
    The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
    The distinction between what is fair use and what is infringement in a particular case will not always be clear or easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”
    Last edited by zack991; 02-04-2013 at 12:02 PM.

This is fun. Can I play?

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Did you miss your period? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Did you miss your period? Pax...
    Good one. It was a fat fingered double post.

Banned
    They showed some of these fabulous renderings on my local news ... and pointed out the directive that the pic "cannot be altered" or whatever .

Hilarious segment.

Exclamation

I vote staged and photo shopped...

shotgun magna ported.. no they don't..
    too much smoke not smokeless, but maybe a blank...
    no recoil (see above)...
    not leaning into shot...
    skeet are not at eye level...
    face too low reciever in the way no sight picture...
    shotgun butt out on arm, this would at best bruise at worse dislocate your arm...
    something on end of upper barrel possible blank adaptor...
    holding gun wrong in hands...
    leg spacing...

and they ask us not to photo shop it, really....
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-05-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I vote staged and photo shopped...

shotgun magna ported.. no they don't..
    too much smoke not smokeless, but maybe a blank...
    no recoil (see above)...
    not leaning into shot...
    skeet are not at eye level...
    face too low reciever in the way no sight picture...
    shotgun butt out on arm, this would at best bruise at worse dislocate your arm...
    something on end of upper barrel possible blank adaptor...
    holding gun wrong in hands...
    leg spacing...

and they ask us not to photo shop it, really....
    I agree that it was staged, more smoke than smokeless usually has, probably enhanced. I also noticed the butt stock was on the arm not the shoulder, and his not leaning into the shot. The upper barrel though was the Citori choke though, it appeared to be missing a choke adapter on the bottom barrel.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Lightbulb

I do stand corrected on one issue though, yes they do magna port shotguns. I was at Schupbachs in Jackson MI yesterday and saw the same gun in the photo, and yes it is ported, and yes it has those funky chokes on the tube... but the rest I stand on as a staged event.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast