Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Is it real?

  1. #1
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Is it real?

    Is this picture for real?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obama Skeet.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	9960

    Shotguns use smokeless powder, do they not?

    ETA: He is also holding the shotgun level. How many skeet shooters shoot with a level gun? None I've ever seen.

    I say this is totally faked by someone that didn't do their research.
    Last edited by rodbender; 02-02-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  2. #2
    Regular Member Geoffrey Griffith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Is this picture for real?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obama Skeet.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	9960

    Shotguns use smokeless powder, do they not?

    ETA: He is also holding the shotgun level. How many skeet shooters shoot with a level gun? None I've ever seen.

    I say this is totally faked by someone that didn't do their research.
    Besides the smoke, part of his forearm is cut off looks real skinny and the background is suspiciously blurry. Since I work with photoshop daily in graphic arts I can tell you this is indeed faked.
    Geoffrey T Griffith
    "You never fail until you stop trying"

  3. #3
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    It's as real as any of the "Obama Birth Certificates" you've seen.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Is this picture for real?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obama Skeet.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	9960

    Shotguns use smokeless powder, do they not?

    ETA: He is also holding the shotgun level. How many skeet shooters shoot with a level gun? None I've ever seen.

    I say this is totally faked by someone that didn't do their research.
    Like the idiot that wrote the article? He called it a rifle. Like most "journalists", he soesn't know the difference anf will not educate himself.

    Unfortunately, there are far too many graduates of the Dangerous Dan Rather School of Yellow Journalism.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Wolfgang1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton,La ,
    Posts
    173
    I’ve said it from the beginning! He is nothing but a imposter.
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

    .308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.


    Wolf

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Corryton
    Posts
    85
    WTF is with the smoke coming out the top midsection of the barrel? Doesn't seem right to me. Pure propaganda.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1P2 View Post
    WTF is with the smoke coming out the top midsection of the barrel? Doesn't seem right to me. Pure propaganda.
    Ever heard of a ported barrel? E.g. http://www.browning.com/products/cat...id=013&tid=355

    Not sure why there would be any need to fake this, you'd have to be a bit nuts to see it and immediately jump to "FAKE!"
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    You people are embarassing.




  9. #9
    Regular Member markush's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    You people are embarassing.
    Indeed!! And for someone that claims to "work with photoshop daily in graphic arts" to not have a clue about "Depth Of Field" also deserves a facepalm.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picard-facepalm.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	9963

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Griffith View Post
    Besides the smoke, part of his forearm is cut off looks real skinny and the background is suspiciously blurry. Since I work with photoshop daily in graphic arts I can tell you this is indeed faked.
    lol. Suspiciously blurry? Foreshortening and other effects of perspective aren't what you should be looking for ("his arm is too skinny!"). I'll give you a hint: if you're looking at such macro-scale attributes, you're doing it wrong.

    Appeal to authority debunked.
    Last edited by marshaul; 02-03-2013 at 06:36 PM.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I know nothing about Photoshop. I wouldn't know if it is fake. And the smoke and porting look normal.

    But I do think it was staged. Someone at his level that actually cared to do skeet would probably have better training on how to hold a shotgun.

    But here's where something is weird. It looks like a choke is installed in the top barrel, but not the bottom barrel. Who would do that? And doesn't the bottom barrel usually fire first?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I know nothing about Photoshop. I wouldn't know if it is fake. And the smoke and porting look normal.

    But I do think it was staged. Someone at his level that actually cared to do skeet would probably have better training on how to hold a shotgun.

    But here's where something is weird. It looks like a choke is installed in the top barrel, but not the bottom barrel. Who would do that? And doesn't the bottom barrel usually fire first?
    Staged? Sure. All photo-ops are staged. Why should this be any different?

    Faked? Why? What's the point. Give Obama a shotgun. Tell him to shoot it. Instant photo-op. What would be difficult about this?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    If he really wants to prove it .. he should blow his own head off with one .. then I'll believe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •