• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it real?

rodbender

Is this picture for real?

Obama Skeet.jpg

Shotguns use smokeless powder, do they not?

ETA: He is also holding the shotgun level. How many skeet shooters shoot with a level gun? None I've ever seen.

I say this is totally faked by someone that didn't do their research.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Griffith

View attachment 9960

ETA: He is also holding the shotgun level. How many skeet shooters shoot with a level gun? None I've ever seen.

Besides the smoke, part of his forearm is cut off looks real skinny and the background is suspiciously blurry. Since I work with photoshop daily in graphic arts I can tell you this is indeed faked.

va_tazdad

View attachment 9960

Like the idiot that wrote the article? He called it a rifle. Like most "journalists", he soesn't know the difference anf will not educate himself.

Unfortunately, there are far too many graduates of the Dangerous Dan Rather School of Yellow Journalism.

Z1P2

WTF is with the smoke coming out the top midsection of the barrel? Doesn't seem right to me. Pure propaganda.

Yard Sale

You people are embarassing.

Fort_Payne_sporting_clays_1.jpg

013355426-alt2_zps0b24f4c8.jpg

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Besides the smoke, part of his forearm is cut off looks real skinny and the background is suspiciously blurry. Since I work with photoshop daily in graphic arts I can tell you this is indeed faked.

lol. Suspiciously blurry? Foreshortening and other effects of perspective aren't what you should be looking for ("his arm is too skinny!"). I'll give you a hint: if you're looking at such macro-scale attributes, you're doing it wrong.

Appeal to authority debunked.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I know nothing about Photoshop. I wouldn't know if it is fake. And the smoke and porting look normal.

But I do think it was staged. Someone at his level that actually cared to do skeet would probably have better training on how to hold a shotgun.

But here's where something is weird. It looks like a choke is installed in the top barrel, but not the bottom barrel. Who would do that? And doesn't the bottom barrel usually fire first?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I know nothing about Photoshop. I wouldn't know if it is fake. And the smoke and porting look normal.

But I do think it was staged. Someone at his level that actually cared to do skeet would probably have better training on how to hold a shotgun.

But here's where something is weird. It looks like a choke is installed in the top barrel, but not the bottom barrel. Who would do that? And doesn't the bottom barrel usually fire first?

Staged? Sure. All photo-ops are staged. Why should this be any different?

Faked? Why? What's the point. Give Obama a shotgun. Tell him to shoot it. Instant photo-op. What would be difficult about this?