Thread: DHS Raids Gun Collector Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns No Charges Filed

DHS Raids Gun Collector Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns No Charges Filed

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/dh...charges-filed/ Keep your ammo close and your guns closer.
    Last edited by linerider69; 02-03-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    I'm not sure I agree that something smells. Beyond the too-common violations of natural rights, anyway.

The Fedcoats did obtain warrants. Not that that means much; apparently you can often get a warrant on the flimsiest justification, and even screw up the information in the affidavit (the part where the Fourth Amendment talks about "...supported by oath or affirmation..."). But, at least there is reported an long-term investigation and a warrant.

At the moment, the thing that jumped out at me was the story comment that no confirmation of his being an FFL has been forthcoming. Why is the press waiting around for it. Back in the day, the press went after information; they didn't sit around waiting for it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

While there are alot of details missing, this whole thing stinks to high heaven. We need to keep an eye on this and see how it plays out. With the info available I see two possibilities. One: he's a criminal and needs to go to jail but for some reason the feds aren't releasing all the facts yet. Two: he's a well armed man who has the ability to arm alot of people incase shtf and the feds are threatened by him. If that's the case, they are the criminals and this is the peaceful yet illegal outcome they were hoping for in Waco.....Time will tell...or not. I vote not.

We should hound the NRA on this to get involved, we pay them enough. They go against this man for nothing, what is going to take it to go after others for even less.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linerider69 View Post
    http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/dh...charges-filed/ Keep your ammo close and your guns closer.
    Keep your guns spread out as well as ammo. Do not keep all your guns in 1 location ...

OP,

From the actual news article:
    "The search warrant also said Adams was investigated in Canada for keeping about 80 illegal guns in a storage unit. U.S. agents worked with Canadian police on that case."

Did you not think something was a foot here? He sounds like a gun runner.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Keep your guns spread out as well as ammo. Do not keep all your guns in 1 location ...
    He also did that, but he did so illegally.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that something smells. Beyond the too-common violations of natural rights, anyway.

The Fedcoats did obtain warrants. Not that that means much; apparently you can often get a warrant on the flimsiest justification, and even screw up the information in the affidavit (the part where the Fourth Amendment talks about "...supported by oath or affirmation..."). But, at least there is reported an long-term investigation and a warrant.

At the moment, the thing that jumped out at me was the story comment that no confirmation of his being an FFL has been forthcoming. Why is the press waiting around for it. Back in the day, the press went after information; they didn't sit around waiting for it.
    What is the reason they want to see an FFL?

Do they have evidence that he was selling firearms? If so, do they say how many he had sold?

Besides, the article says he is a gun collector, can someone show me where there is a law limiting the number of firearms I as a private citizen may own, and have in my collection?

What is fishy here is that the Government is not saying why, has not filed charges, and has not yet returned his property.

Without good explaination, that to me, is a case of our Government stealing a citizens personal property.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    OP,

From the actual news article:
    "The search warrant also said Adams was investigated in Canada for keeping about 80 illegal guns in a storage unit. U.S. agents worked with Canadian police on that case."

Did you not think something was a foot here? He sounds like a gun runner.

He also did that, but he did so illegally.
    Being investigated is not proof of doing anything illegal!

Has he been charged? Has he been found guilty?

Nothing points to that. It also does not say why any of the guns that were in storage were illegal, or is it a case of they were illegally stored, so someone is reporting that they were illegal guns?

Too many questions and no rational or factual answers.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Apparently this is the guy's website. It sure looks as though he is acting as a dealer, although I don't hear about too many crimes being committed these days with the kind of guns he sells.

http://www.adamsguns.com/

From the volume he's handling, it would certainly appear as though he has an FFL.

This is purely speculating, but I wonder if he's attempting to deal guns with a Type 3 C&R FFL. I have one of these myself, and this is specifically intended to NOT be a dealer's license. A C&R license holder can legally sell guns from their collection, but is not allowed to be engaged in the business of regularly selling firearms.

This is purely speculating, and he may well have a fully legitimate dealer FFL.

I'll be watching the case, but don't want to draw any conclusions until more details come out.

FFL and the Media

The information from the website is not listed on the ATF FFL page.

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

I will wait and see how this works out, something is kinky here though.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

I dont recall where I saw the first report on this event, so I can't quote/link it at the moment. but what it said was that the guy is under investigation for gun trafficking and tax evasion. all weapons confiscated were confirmed legally owned by this guy, and all the guns themselves were legal. but the man's actions relating to his extensive collection are what are being investigated.

and to be totally honest, it makes sense, and is a fair assumption. and depending on what the gov has for "evidence" to support their warrants, it could be a completely justified raid. we'll see how it pans out
    Last edited by motoxmann; 02-03-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    The information from the website is not listed on the ATF FFL page.

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

I will wait and see how this works out, something is kinky here though.

~Whitney
    Just checked at that link, and found him listed as a type 08 FFL, an "Importer of Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices"

Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    I dont recall where I saw the first report on this event, so I can't quote/link it at the moment. but what it said was that the guy is under investigation for gun trafficking and tax evasion.
    DHS investigates tax evasion now?

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    All the more reason that multiple Government agencies should be eliminated to reduce redundancy and waste.

If DHS is going to enforce IRS and BATFE rules, then why do we need the FBI? Or for that matter the BATFE?

There is quick cost cutting measure that should save Billions every year!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    I dont recall where I saw the first report on this event, so I can't quote/link it at the moment. but what it said was that the guy is under investigation for gun trafficking and tax evasion...
    No, but then can investigate the trafficking.

Duh.

Customs is part of DHS. Customs investigates importation issues, including tariffs and taxes. He is a licensed importer, a Type 08 FFL.