• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DHS Raids Gun Collector – Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns – No Charges Filed

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm not sure I agree that something smells. Beyond the too-common violations of natural rights, anyway.

The Fedcoats did obtain warrants. Not that that means much; apparently you can often get a warrant on the flimsiest justification, and even screw up the information in the affidavit (the part where the Fourth Amendment talks about "...supported by oath or affirmation..."). But, at least there is reported an long-term investigation and a warrant.

At the moment, the thing that jumped out at me was the story comment that no confirmation of his being an FFL has been forthcoming. Why is the press waiting around for it. Back in the day, the press went after information; they didn't sit around waiting for it.

mustangkiller

While there are alot of details missing, this whole thing stinks to high heaven. We need to keep an eye on this and see how it plays out. With the info available I see two possibilities. One: he's a criminal and needs to go to jail but for some reason the feds aren't releasing all the facts yet. Two: he's a well armed man who has the ability to arm alot of people incase shtf and the feds are threatened by him. If that's the case, they are the criminals and this is the peaceful yet illegal outcome they were hoping for in Waco.....Time will tell...or not. I vote not.

zack991

We should hound the NRA on this to get involved, we pay them enough. They go against this man for nothing, what is going to take it to go after others for even less.

david.ross

OP,

From the actual news article:
"The search warrant also said Adams was investigated in Canada for keeping about 80 illegal guns in a storage unit. U.S. agents worked with Canadian police on that case."

Did you not think something was a foot here? He sounds like a gun runner.

Keep your guns spread out as well as ammo. Do not keep all your guns in 1 location ...

He also did that, but he did so illegally.

LkWd_Don

I'm not sure I agree that something smells. Beyond the too-common violations of natural rights, anyway.

The Fedcoats did obtain warrants. Not that that means much; apparently you can often get a warrant on the flimsiest justification, and even screw up the information in the affidavit (the part where the Fourth Amendment talks about "...supported by oath or affirmation..."). But, at least there is reported an long-term investigation and a warrant.

At the moment, the thing that jumped out at me was the story comment that no confirmation of his being an FFL has been forthcoming. Why is the press waiting around for it. Back in the day, the press went after information; they didn't sit around waiting for it.

What is the reason they want to see an FFL?

Do they have evidence that he was selling firearms? If so, do they say how many he had sold?

Besides, the article says he is a gun collector, can someone show me where there is a law limiting the number of firearms I as a private citizen may own, and have in my collection?

What is fishy here is that the Government is not saying why, has not filed charges, and has not yet returned his property.

Without good explaination, that to me, is a case of our Government stealing a citizens personal property.

LkWd_Don

OP,

From the actual news article:
"The search warrant also said Adams was investigated in Canada for keeping about 80 illegal guns in a storage unit. U.S. agents worked with Canadian police on that case."

Did you not think something was a foot here? He sounds like a gun runner.

He also did that, but he did so illegally.

Being investigated is not proof of doing anything illegal!

Has he been charged? Has he been found guilty?

Nothing points to that. It also does not say why any of the guns that were in storage were illegal, or is it a case of they were illegally stored, so someone is reporting that they were illegal guns?

Too many questions and no rational or factual answers.

bunnspecial

Apparently this is the guy's website. It sure looks as though he is acting as a dealer, although I don't hear about too many crimes being committed these days with the kind of guns he sells.

http://www.adamsguns.com/

From the volume he's handling, it would certainly appear as though he has an FFL.

This is purely speculating, but I wonder if he's attempting to deal guns with a Type 3 C&R FFL. I have one of these myself, and this is specifically intended to NOT be a dealer's license. A C&R license holder can legally sell guns from their collection, but is not allowed to be engaged in the business of regularly selling firearms.

This is purely speculating, and he may well have a fully legitimate dealer FFL.

I'll be watching the case, but don't want to draw any conclusions until more details come out.

motoxmann

I dont recall where I saw the first report on this event, so I can't quote/link it at the moment. but what it said was that the guy is under investigation for gun trafficking and tax evasion. all weapons confiscated were confirmed legally owned by this guy, and all the guns themselves were legal. but the man's actions relating to his extensive collection are what are being investigated.

and to be totally honest, it makes sense, and is a fair assumption. and depending on what the gov has for "evidence" to support their warrants, it could be a completely justified raid. we'll see how it pans out

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

DHS investigates tax evasion now?

All the more reason that multiple Government agencies should be eliminated to reduce redundancy and waste.

If DHS is going to enforce IRS and BATFE rules, then why do we need the FBI? Or for that matter the BATFE?

There is quick cost cutting measure that should save Billions every year!