• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don’t come to Virginia looking for a loophole

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Don’t come to Virginia looking for a loophole

http://news.oldva.org/?p=85635

OVN Exclusive:
Think there’s a gunshow loophole in Virginia, think again.
Shortly before Noon today at the Showmasters Gunshow heing held at the RIR Raceway in Henrico County, a man was taken into custody due of the diligence of vendors and individuals selling personal weapons.
The man whose name is being withheld, is a Veteran from New Jersey, and has emotional problems. He was trying to purchase a gun. Vendors and others he spoke to notified Police that the man was acting strangely and could not prove he was a Virginia Resident.
No one would sell him a firearm.
When Police checked, the family of the man had had commitment papers issued in New Jersey and apparently he had fled to the Virginia Show to commit suicide.
I spoke to the arresting Officer minutes after they took him into custody. He said the man was not very cooperative and not talking much, but it was evident there was a very real problem.
The message in this is that there is NO GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just responsible people doing what responsible people do = acting responsibly. :)

TFred

I'm just SURE the mainstream media is going to be all over this story...

:rolleyes:

TFred

ETA: If the Law Enforcement agency involved in this even were even remotely friendly to the law abiding gun owners, they should put out a press release thanking them for the help in averting this likely suicide and who knows what else.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm just SURE the mainstream media is going to be all over this story...

:rolleyes:

TFred

ETA: If the Law Enforcement agency involved in this even were even remotely friendly to the law abiding gun owners, they should put out a press release thanking them for the help in averting this likely suicide and who knows what else.

This could have been a real PR disaster. For some reason, that fool woman that operates the show, gave a Camera crew from a Texas TV station the run of the place yesterday.

If the guy had gotten a gun and blown his brains out then, it would have been on the National news in a heartbeat.

mpguy

This story should be attached to emails and sent to every anti that says there is a loop hole.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2