• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

back again! question about carrying on my property.

weston502

been awhile sense ive been on last and i have a couple questions. just bought a XDS 45 yesterday. i do not have my CCW license yet because i am only 20. my question is if i walk outside to my garage to have a cigarette and my jacket conceals my gun am i breaking any laws? i know that i am on my property but i am not inside of my house.

protias

You should be fine on your own property since Act 35, however, I am not sure if there is an age limitation or not. I'd look up the statue, but I don't have the text readily available. :(

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
If you are legally able to possess a weapon you can open or conceal carry on property that you "own, lease or legally occupy" without a license. If you're at least 18 years old, that's part of what goes into being legally eligible to possess a firearm.

Interceptor_Knight

If you are legally able to possess a weapon you can open or conceal carry on property that you "own, lease or legally occupy" without a license. If you're at least 18 years old, that's part of what goes into being legally eligible to possess a firearm.
You may know this but the OP likely does not..... Concealed Carry only applies to firearms which are "Handguns" as defined in 175.60(bm). 18 years of age does not apply to possession of shotguns and rifles. Anyone 16 years of age may posses a shotgun or rifle and anyone 14 years of age may possess a shotgun or rifle if they have a Hunter Safety Certificate. This includes Open Carry in public, not just while hunting.