Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are cops really hiring hits on cop watchers?

Are cops really hiring hits on cop watchers?

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...3/18731288.php

Today on Feb 3rd (2013) Drug dealers in People's Park have admitted today that Berkeley Police has recently asked them to assault local cop-watchers in retaliation against a complaint being heard by the Berkeley Police Review Commission which involves local police reform and Occupy activists. The dealers explained that the police have made a deal that BPD would look the other way provided they would keep cop-watchers out of People's Park and off of Telegraph Ave.

"The cops said they would make things hard for us, if we didn't get you to leave." - Anon drug dealer, revealing deal with police

"I'm going to punch you in the face. I know who you are, and I am going find you. The police will not protect you; they don't want you around." - A second dealer

A local cop-watcher was surrounded in People's Park, and threatened to be beaten if the individual did not leave the Park. The drug dealers explained that the Berkeley police are giving them amnesty on Telegraph and in People's Park if they would remove cop-watchers out of the Park. They seemed assured there would be no consequences to the attack, as if the attack truly would have police approval. Two maintenance workers cleaning the Park restroom, who happened to be in the area, moved closer to make their presence known, which prevented the attack. The cop-watcher was surrounded and pinned, and could have been killed.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Interesting .. have any better sources than what you posted here?

Banned
    Cop watchers record everything.

Where is the recording?

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Cop watchers record everything.

Where is the recording?
    There is an audio of the cop watchers murder!
    It is in a thread posted here on OCDO.

Back to the OP. The story doesnt hold Reason...
    Why would drug sellers want to remove the small amount of protection that the cop watchers
    afford them against the cops that may violate thier rights against unreasonable search and siezure.
    After all the cop watchers are not in that area to bust the druggers,
    they are there to bust Bad Cops!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Well i'm sure that the drug dealers are all honest, fair, and upstanding citizens of the community, well-respected, charitable.
    I mean I see no reason why they would ever decieve anyone or exaggerate anything. probably the first people the police would go to if they wanted a professional job done on cop-watchers....

now let me re-read this and look for any evidence corroborating these fine upstanding citizen's story as told in this pulitzer-prize winning institution of unbiased journalism....

OK i've re-read it 6 times now, I must be going blind because no matter how many times I read it it's just the uncorroborated word of felons.....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 02-04-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Snip
    OK i've re-read it 6 times now, I must be going blind because no matter how many times I read it it's just the uncorroborated word of felons.....
    Most criminals said that they would avoid armed targets too if they can.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Most criminals said that they would avoid armed targets too if they can.
    most criminals as surveyed by who? criminals on-probation? or in the state pen?

I don't care what the criminals say, they don't need to fear my gun 'til they're looking down the barrel.
    And that is completely different then the reliability of a felon who deals drugs to children in the park and is a complete leach on society going around claiming a non-specific berkeley police officer said some non-specific thing and that means he was hired to conduct a "hit" on some guy with a camera.

You wanna know what I think? I think the dealer was doing a shady deal and mr. Cop block was filming the deal so the dealer and his buddies decide to run the camera-nerds off their business grounds and then claim the cops told them too so that the camera guys would be too busy with that story to record the innocent dealings of drug dealers in the park. what do you think?

And I also bet that if we knew these dealers real identity the court dockets would show they probably have multiple priors and charges currently pending.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 02-04-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Its a fact that police oppose citizens from video taping them and the police engage in false arrests and other forms of bullying and intimidation tactics to prevent citizens from filming them.

I video police often and I have been the victim of these illegal and unconstitutional tactics.
    Good point. And, how many times has a certain agency of the fedgov been tied to drugs? And, how many times have police officers been implicated in drug distribution?

While the internet report doesn't carry a lot of weight, the story seems pretty plausible to me.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    There is an audio of the cop watchers murder!
    It is in a thread posted here on OCDO.

Back to the OP. The story doesnt hold Reason...
    Why would drug sellers want to remove the small amount of protection that the cop watchers
    afford them against the cops that may violate thier rights against unreasonable search and siezure.
    After all the cop watchers are not in that area to bust the druggers,
    they are there to bust Bad Cops!
    That recording will not support the contention in the thread. Again, cop watchers record everything. Where is the recording of people saying that cops "hired" them to "hit" cop watchers?

Banned
    The quoted statements use the word, "you." Clearly they are being made to the cop watchers. If they are not being made to the cop watchers, then those statements do not support the titular contention.

Again, if these statements were made to the cop watchers, where is the tape?

The quoted statements use the word, "you." Clearly they are being made to the cop watchers. If they are not being made to the cop watchers, then those statements do not support the titular contention.

Again, if these statements were made to the cop watchers, where is the tape?
    1. i read nothing that said the statements were made to COP WATCHERS

2 the cops would not have made any statements in front of cop watchers

so why would you think there was a video or audio
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    1. i read nothing that said the statements were made to COP WATCHERS...
    Apparently, you did not read the post to which you were replying. Either that or you have difficulty with context. The statements that are being used to support the contention in the title of the thread were clearly made to cop watchers.

Let's throw another "Duh" out there.

"The cops said they would make things hard for us, if we didn't get you to leave." - Anon drug dealer, revealing deal with police

"I'm going to punch you in the face. I know who you are, and I am going find you. The police will not protect you; they don't want you around." - A second dealer
    It seems that the "dealers" were in fact speaking to "cop watchers."

Re the legitimacy of the source.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/200...8/16643971.php

The comments re the "article" are interesting......WARNING!!!! colorful language used. Read at your own risk.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...nts=1#comments

YMMV.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Apparently, you did not read the post to which you were replying. Either that or you have difficulty with context. The statements that are being used to support the contention in the title of the thread were clearly made to cop watchers.

Let's throw another "Duh" out there.
    here's the "Duh" right back at you i re-read both the post and the article , and don't see where the statement was given to COPWATCHERs. can you give a cite to where either the post or the article said that the statements were given to COPWATCHERS?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

Banned

Read OC for Me's post.

He sees it.

It is kinda clear.

Hint: Look for the word, "you."

Duh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    here's the "Duh" right back at you i re-read both the post and the article , and don't see where the statement was given to COPWATCHERs. can you give a cite to where either the post or the article said that the statements were given to COPWATCHERS?
    "The cops said they would make things hard for us (these are the words of the drug dealer), if we didn't get you to leave." - Anon drug dealer, revealing deal with police

"I'm going to punch you in the face. I know who you are, and I am going find you. The police will not protect you; they don't want you around." - A second dealer (quoting another drug dealer)

A local cop-watcher was surrounded in People's Park, and threatened to be beaten if the individual did not leave the Park. The drug dealers explained that the Berkeley police are giving them amnesty on Telegraph and in People's Park if they would remove cop-watchers out of the Park. They seemed assured there would be no consequences to the attack, as if the attack truly would have police approval.
    My comments are inside parenthesis and bolded. the bolds without parenthesis are my emphasis on parts of the excerpt

it seems clear to me that an account of the dealers saying this to the copwatchers is what's being conveyed.

NRA Member

still no reference to COPWATCHERS . Big DUH right back at you

- unknown

Banned
    Whatever. Everyone else sees it. Everyone except you. Heck, the cows get it.

BTW, in case you can't figure it out, you in this post refers to you. Aw forget it. You can't understand you.

since the article was written by "East Bay", shall we say reporter, then that would mean that the "you " was the East Bay reporter. where is the reference that they were COPWATCHERS?

- unknown

"The cops said they would make things hard for us (these are the words of the drug dealer), if we didn't get you to leave." - Anon drug dealer, revealing deal with police

"I'm going to punch you in the face. I know who you are, and I am going find you. The police will not protect you; they don't want you around." - A second dealer (quoting another drug dealer)

A local cop-watcher was surrounded in People's Park, and threatened to be beaten if the individual did not leave the Park. The drug dealers explained that the Berkeley police are giving them amnesty on Telegraph and in People's Park if they would remove cop-watchers out of the Park. They seemed assured there would be no consequences to the attack, as if the attack truly would have police approval.
    My comments are inside parenthesis and bolded. the bolds without parenthesis are my emphasis on parts of the excerpt

it seems clear to me that an account of the dealers saying this to the cowpatchers is what's being conveyed.

It is also clear to me, as well.
    My comments are bolded and following the comments in the above quotes after the bolded comments in the quoted post, but before these comments that are after the quotes and are not bolded.

Is it still clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    In Berkeley? I'm certain.

the cops who "hired" the pushers were about as authentic as the bandito in Marshul's avatar.

NRA Member

the cops who "hired" the pushers were about as authentic as the bandito in Marshul's avatar.
    [/QUOTE]

Hey I have a history of Banditos in my family line. They fought for the rights of the people and were hung as Banditos for opposing the government's and it's friends abuses.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 02-06-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast