• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo

Gil223

Why is a question that can only be "answered" with accuracy by the government, and they ain't talkin'. Conjecture is the only device those of us who aren't in the inner circle of government have, inasmuch as we aren't privy to what's really going on.

At last count, DHS had an RFB out for FOUR BILLION rounds of ammunition. That's enough ammo to shoot every person in the United States ten times, with a sufficient amount left over to wipe out the entire population of Lichtenstein and Vatican City. (I don't know that our entire military presence in the Middle East has immediate access to 4,000,000,000 rounds of ammunition!) I suppose the "why" is because they can, since they're spending our tax dollars to do it. And now they want to buy (or perhaps confiscate - it is cheaper) 7,000 AR-15s! My best conjecture is that they are expecting some kind of serious civil disturbance in response to (any number of things goes here; legislation by Imperial Fiat; contravention of the Constitution; acts of treason by the Executive and Legislative Branches, with the support of the Judiciary, etc.).

The question, "What do they plan to do with all this armament?", is of greater concern to me. It certainly won't be used to secure our borders - the DHS doesn't want secure borders. I doubt that it will be used to arm security personnel for our schools. Deer hunting, perhaps? PETA would have a s__fit over that. Quelling civil disturbances is the only realistic possibility I can come up with - and it appears that the government is trying to provoke the citizens into taking actions that will "justify" an armed response. "But, there is no crisis of that kind?", you say? "Necessity is the Mother of invention", and when it is deemed necessary a "false flag crisis" will be initiated by those who wish to rule. Ruling is the alternative to governing for those who lack the honesty and integrity to govern correctly. A political thug is no different than any other thug - they all do the bidding of their masters. Just my thoughts. :D Pax...

Gil223

For the same reason we buy guns .. to shoot people when we want .. of course

David, you do understand that (a) the NDAA has superseded our First Amendment rights, (b) the fed's have no sense of the absurd (unless it comes down from their leader as a "Directive"), and (c) the fed's understanding of the use of sarcasm to bring such absurdities to light is absolutely nonexistent... right? ;) Pax...

davidmcbeth

Banned
David, you do understand that (a) the NDAA has superseded our First Amendment rights, (b) the fed's have no sense of the absurd (unless it comes down from their leader as a "Directive"), and (c) the fed's understanding of the use of sarcasm to bring such absurdities to light is absolutely nonexistent... right? ;) Pax...

The NDAA cannot supersede our 1st amendment rights by itself .. its just a law. Needing enforcement and judicial review. This will be tested of course.

Federal government and being absurd? It has been this way for 20 years now. Hence our need for us to preserve our gun rights well into the future.

motoxmann

BURN! (aimed at the gov for not having a sense of sarcasm) :lol: