Thread: Tacoma drug dealer anecdote, any information?

Tacoma drug dealer anecdote, any information?

I first heard this story several years ago, and a few times since then by different people who are all much older then me.

basically the story is that some time in the 1970s or early 1980s there was a drug dealer who was in Tacoma, Washington doing drug dealer stuff and selling drugs, some guy's daughter ODs and dies, and the father was upset that the prosecutor's office wouldn't handle it, so he found the drug dealer in the Hilltop and pulled him by long hair out to the middle the street, and put the dealer down with a blast of .357 (or .32 according to one of the story tellers) to the head in public. the coda being he never faced charges.

now this is an extreme story, and I've heard it from several different people, but can't find anything on the internet, and I don't have the time to scoop through 15 years of newspaper microfilm. I was wondering if anyone here ever heard this tale and if there's anything to it or if it's just bunk.

PS No, I'm not planning on hunting down drug dealers with one case as justification, I just want to know if this is one of those exaggerated urban legends or if anyone has details that can lead to me confirming or denying the story.

Thanks!
    -Erik
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

This may be the story you are thinking about its similar.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...tacoma+hilltop

I'm well aware of the Ash Street Shootout, if the story I'm thinking of is fictional maybe it's legend based on the Ash Street Shootout maybe... but certainly not the same story. Ash Street involved an attempt by street gangs to take a house owned by an Army veteran, this story is a vigilante tale...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member